Are you looking for an opportunity to join a world-class studio to help deliver an unparalleled AAA gaming experience?
As a first-party studio, this Turn 10 Studios team works together with the Xbox One platform teams and Microsoft Studios to define gaming experiences across the Microsoft gaming ecosystem on Xbox One, Xbox Scorpio and Windows Store. You will help deliver the next AAA title from Turn 10 Studios on next generation platforms.
At Turn 10 Studios, we understand that the User Interface is the first point of connection with the player! Do you share a similar point of view? The team that created the critically acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise is looking to add a UI Rendering Engineer to the talented engine team.
In this role, you will be able to leverage your technical leadership and experience with UI rendering pipelines and memory optimization to give our racers the flawless visual experience they crave.
Come join our team at this exciting time as we push the graphical limits of Microsoft gaming platforms!
- Provide the technical oversight for the whole UI system, from authoring best practices to rendering of the assets.
- Work closely with the art team to determine their desired workflows.
- Evaluate current UI construction techniques to evaluate optimization opportunities.
- Oversee the work to enable highly iterative workflows.
- Deal with ambiguous, challenging problems. Excellent communication skills are vital.
- B.S. in Math/Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience
- A strong proficiency in C# and C++
- A good understanding of XAML
- Professional experience with DirectX12 / OpenGL
- A strong background in rendering systems
- At least 4 years of professional software development experience
Ideal candidates will have most of the following:
- Proven track record of technical leadership
- Experience shipping on both PC and console
- AAA game development experience
- Experience with existing UI renderers
- DX12 experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.