Corporate Functions Engineering (CFE) is looking for Sr. Software Engineers to join our team. Our team builds line of business applications and services for Microsoft internal users. Some of our services are well established and some are in the planning stages of major modernizations. Our software allows Microsoft to manage our statutory financial compliance responsibilities and provides insights and solutions that enable greater efficiency and profitability for the company. These tools span a wide variety of technologies from Angular, React, C#, microservices, SQL, NoSQL and Databricks. All deployed and running in Azure, Microsoft's cloud. We expect all our systems to run with a DevOps model and we prioritize investments around all forms of automation and telemetry to deliver the best possible services.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a team environment, designing, developing and running enterprise scale services and platforms, technical depth in cloud platforms, agile development practices, and experience in designing & tuning telemetry. This position also requires an individual who can demonstrate the ability to ensure highly resilient and scalable service design through partnership with other members of the service team.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and support secure & scalable enterprise solutions
- Active participant as a core member of a project team
- Work with Product owners to consume product backlog and generate technical design
- Work across teams to ensure seamless integration of the enterprise solution
- Work in an agile environment using scrum
- 5+ years of industry experience designing and developing enterprise scale services & platforms
- 5+ years of experience in C# or Java with solid analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years of expertise developing cloud solutions on Microsoft Azure Platform or any other cloud platform
- 2+ years of hands on experience with Angular/Knockout/Bootstrap related frameworks
- 2+ years of hands on experience with HTML5 / CSS / CSS3
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Great analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 556642739Posted: 2020-05-21