Are you passionate about building and running the most widely used set of productivity software in a cloud environment that fuels most email, collaboration, communications and conferencing tasks for largest corporations and consumers? Do you want to measure the impact of these services and contribute to providing best of breed service experience to customers?
Office 365 is Microsoft's line of subscription services and cloud-based "software as a service" suite of Office productivity software for business environments. The M365 Enterprise+Cloud team is focused on providing service excellence for Office365 services' availability, reliability and compliance to the largest Enterprise and Government customers.
The M365 E+C team is looking for a highly-motivated and self-driven Program Manager to work across M365 to drive tools and processes focused on optimizing buildout and operations.
Using your cross-group collaboration skills at problem solving, communication, and team building, you will work closely with engineering teams to identify and implement new systems and/or processes to deliver lowest cost of buildout and operations. In partnership with M365 teams you will define, capture requirements and work with engineering to build deliver solutions.
A can-do attitude with attention to detail and passion to delight the customers is key to success in this role. A good candidate will be great in problem solving, have excellent communication skills and be passionate about providing great service to customers with use of innovative technologies.
A perk of this job is the opportunity to work as part of an incredibly smart and motivated cohort of peers. Our charter is huge, and our organization is at the center of Office365! You will have a unique chance to improve the productivity of many large scale Enterprise and Government customers and to make a direct impact in Microsoft's strategy for a multi-billion dollar cloud-computing market. Interested? Drop us a line!
- Lead multi-year programs across M365
- Design and build systems to deliver low-cost buildout and operations solutions
- Lead cross group situations and drive prioritized requirements to teams across Microsoft
- Help drive tooling decisions to align with M365's higher initiatives and goals
- A BS in a technical discipline (CS, CompE, EE, Math, IS) or 5+ years of equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience in Program Management or related disciplines
- Track record of going technically deep and quickly ramping up on new technologies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to clearly articulate technical requirements as well as to contribute to complex design discussions.
- Customer empathy, passion for excellence and ability to mine data to help make strategic decisions
- Experience building (vs just using) large scale validation pipelines, especially ones used on microservices and containers
- Business acumen, Data-driven strategic decision making, Customer empathy
- Experience as a product, or program manager and has in-depth knowledge of developing and running cloud based services
- Collaborates well with multiple partners in different time zones
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.