Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft's history and the foundation of Microsoft's commercial cloud products. Azure continues to build the largest global footprint of any Cloud provider with 200+ distinct capabilities available in 54 regions.
We are seeking a Principal Program Manager responsible for overseeing and supervising Azure Global Infrastructure team activities. We seek a curious and collaborative candidate who brings strategic thinking, effective communication, interpersonal skills, operational excellence, and trustworthiness. In this role, you will help lead a disruptive front of change at Microsoft. You will also help with establishing the culture of the fast-growing team by defining its values, expectations and beliefs.Responsibilities
- Leadership Excellence:
- Leadership Team strategy and alignment: Collaboratively work with AGI LT and HR partners to develop vision, strategy and execution frameworks for Azure Global Infrastructure.
- Cross-Microsoft Collaboration and Leadership: Support the GM's engagement with partner org CVPs, HR Partners and customers including managing escalations, qualifying engagement requests, and ensuring successful executive sponsorships
- Org Health: Work with our HR partner to evolve team culture with an aim of achieving best-in-class organizational health
- Strength of Force Management: Develop firm understanding of organization needs, business goals, strategies and landscape to inform the headcount planning process to keep pace and anticipate ahead
- People Management: Enable managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Learning and Innovation: Develop a plan to promote learning to innovate at higher levels, both as an individual level and as a part of their team or group.
- Organizational and Business Management:
- Advisor: Work closely with the GM and HR partner to craft the right organization design, operating model, and execution principles to enable AGI to deliver strong product and business results. Act as a strategic and trusted advisor to the GM and LT
- Rhythm of Business: Develop Org ROB with monthly and quarterly prioritization, while collaborating with the leadership team and internal partners to meet cadence objectives. Create and implement accurate plans, develop success metrics (OKRs) and communication approach for these initiatives and projects.
- Communication Rhythm: Manage the team specific rhythm and communications -- LT meetings, all-hands, off-sites, etc. This includes engagement on CVP & SLT level.
- AGI Leadership: Manage and drive manger and leadership team staff meetings
- Presence and Brand: Manage the internal and external content and communications plan - customer engagements, social presence, travel priorities, and team communications
- Compete Intelligence: Deep and competitive research and analysis of cloud platform providers in marketing, strategic management, strengths and weaknesses of competitors.
- Cloud Solutions Expertise: Knowledge of Cloud offerings and services. Ability to understand the process of designing cloud infrastructure and distributed applications and systems on the Cloud platform.
- Proactive Systems Thinker: Able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information, able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes, and deliver and distribute information across multiple channels and mediums. Preference for experience in strategic planning.
- Collaboration and Partnership Expert: Exceptional cross-organization collaboration-building skills, including ability to partner with teams with multiple different priorities.
- Interpersonal Communication Champion: The ability to build trust, influence, and relationships with diverse team members at all levels, the ability to leverage relationships to accelerate delivery, and the ability to use these skills to facilitate connection with stakeholders across the organization.
- Culture Cultivator: Passion to foster an inclusive and diverse culture through initiatives, training & education, communications, and implementing optimizations based on high-level goals.
- Project Driver: Project Management skills and ability to lead multiple high-profile projects of varying timelines simultaneously across a distributed set of stakeholders without direct ownership of resources. Strong ability to prioritize work and maintain good judgment in a rapidly changing environment and synthesize insights and next steps from a large amount of sometimes conflicting data.
- Communicator: Exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications skills that can applied across organizational levels, including ability to build comprehensive and compelling presentation and communication materials that span functions and groups.
- 5+ years of experience years in professional software development or Program Management is required.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Advanced Sciences or Business is necessary.
- 0-25% travel to be expected in this role
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.