Gaming Executive Assistant
The Gaming division is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the GM of the Mixer and Xbox Business Engineering (XBET) teams. Together, these teams drive growth, engagement, and monetization to gaming. Where Mixer delivers the live gaming streaming platform that connects our gaming communities to each other through what they love most (games!), the XBET team focuses on delivering incredible gaming experiences where customers show their love by voting with their dollars. Gaming is a fast-paced, growing portfolio business that brings people from all walks of life and geographies together! Our teams thrive on the creativity and ingenuity that will take Gaming to the next level. We're innovators and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers - it's about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions of gamers watch, play, and connect every day.
This exciting role requires strong collaboration skills, with an ability to effectively manage a high-volume and time sensitive workload with a calm, empathetic, confident, and positive attitude. It also requires the ability to work independently, using a high degree of judgment, superior organizational and budgeting skills, great attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and strength in navigating and juggling multiple priorities with excellent communication. Respect, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with professionals inside and outside the company is critical. In this role, you will also partner closely with our Chief of Staff and lead the Mixer and XBET administrative team (dotted-lined reports).
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about your role as a business support professional, we'd like to learn more about you! We are a creative, dynamic, and inclusive team. We're excited to welcome an additional high-performing business support professional who brings their unique perspective to our team. Responsibilities
- Manage a complex calendar with attention to accuracy and timeliness, ensuring the schedule aligns with the GM's top priorities and commitments. Must have ability to analyze and respond appropriately to emerging trends & priorities to ensure that the executive is engaged only in essential meetings and events
- Represent the GM professionally; effectively communicating internally and externally on her behalf
- Partner closely with the GM's Chief of Staff in support of the rhythm of business and headcount tracking. This includes but is not limited to scheduling and implementing the leadership rhythm of business (ROB) meetings, staff meetings, events and offsites, and all meeting logistics.
- Plan & coordinate end-to-end complex domestic and international travel plans including proactive anticipation of all logistics through expense report reconciliation and submissions
- Excellent judgment in dealing with confidential information and ensuring accurate and timely distribution of information
- Order and track all inventory as it relates to hardware, software, and office supplies for the team
- Monitor and manage headcount changes including but not limited to PCN requests and tracking, and all administrative system updates and changes related to people movement
- Provide mentoring, guidance, support, and leadership to the Mixer and XBET administrative staff including driving and coordinating team meetings, morale events and team building exercises for the administrative team
- Support all aspects of space coordination and management, including Mixer and XBET space portfolio maintenance, large scale moves, and provide transparency of future space needs and team nuances
- 7+ years of work experience as an executive / administrative assistant
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to work well under pressure and with quick turn-around times
- Ability to be nimble/adaptable and navigate through ambiguous, fast-moving situations with grace & professional maturity
- Ability to prioritize work and complete projects on time, be proactive, and use excellent judgement of highly-sensitive, confidential information
- Demonstrate drive, initiative, and act with foresight and anticipation of the GM's needs and priorities
- Able to monitor complex plans and schedules and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick responses or turn-around
- Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships internally and externally with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and diverse perspectives of individuals and groups
- Having a growth mindset and a positive, learn-it-all attitude
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as knowledge of internal applications, including Employee Central, MSExpense2, MS Space, MyOrder, HR Insights Catalog, iCIMS, and internal travel tools.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.