Are you passionate about building high impact devices and technologies? The Windows Cognition and Artificial Intelligence New Technology Integration Team focuses on lighting up Microsoft experiences with world class hardware. Building these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently exploring and prototyping the next generation of Mixed Reality experiences and C+AI needs you!
Role & Opportunity:
We are looking for a Principle Electrical Engineer to design embedded systems and associated electrical circuits that enable next generation Mixed Reality hardware products. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally with different disciplines (Industrial Design, Mechanical, Electrical, Thermal, Software and Firmware) to develop products that enable new customer experiences. You will be part of a multidisciplinary group that will design and build fully functional prototypes and help transition them to high volume production.
Design, build, and test complete electrical prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas and technology concepts. Develop schematics, select all critical components, drive PCB development, mange board bring up for final prototype, integrate firmware, and validate completed prototypes.
- Design and validate End to End hardware systems with an emphasis on novel sensing technologies, RF components, high speed interconnect, power supplies, capacitive touch sensors, and batteries.
- Develop and drive system simulations and models with mechanical engineering, firmware, hardware, and other engineering and design disciplines to validate principles of the overall product.
- Develop project documentation including requirements, specifications, schematic diagrams, and design guidelines to enable transition to high volume production.
- Bachelor's or better in Electrical Engineering or related field (Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Engineering)
- 7+ years of relevant experience designing and building electronics products with a focus on consumer and portable systems.
- Proficient in analog/digital electronics system design and bring up: System-on-a-Chip processor evaluation and selection, RF system design from Hz to GHz, analog+digital interfaces, and sensors (discrete IMU, capacitive touch)
- Strong understanding of E+M field theory and applications.
- Experience in high speed digital design, SoC system design, design approaches to maximize signal integrity, PCB layout stack up and optimization, RF/EMI mitigation techniques desired.
- Strong problem solving and circuit debugging skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Experience with analog circuit simulation and Cadence Schematic Capture and PCB Layout tools preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.