Every once in a while, a job comes along that will positively affect the experience of everyone who uses Microsoft products. If you've been waiting for the opportunity to lead a team to do this, this is the job for you! Azure Identity is searching for a new leader in the Identity Governance Team who can blaze new ground in increasing employee productivity by helping us achieve our goal to allow the right users to have the right access to the right resources while allowing IT to delegate protecting, monitoring this access to Azure Identity and supporting their audit and compliance requirements. We are making a big impact directly to external customers and across Microsoft where this advanced self-service governance capability is critically needed.
We are at a critical time in bringing up the service into production and are looking for an experienced and passionate engineering manager to lead a team to manage the service at a large global scale with very high throughput. The team delivers cross-cutting features such as request, approval workflows, JIT, notifications, auditing and Machine learning based insights for the various Microsoft and Azure resources usage and access patterns.
This is a broad cross-team role with high visibility, collaborating with multiple teams across Microsoft.
Lead the architecture, design and implementation of services managing governance capabilities for extremely high scale, throughput, durability, and low latency.
Innovate and make service deployment and maintenance an efficient well-oiled machine that provides excellent reliability with minimal manual engineer intervention.
Lead the definition of requirements, KPIs, priorities and planning of engineering deliverables.
Mentor and grow the energetic, diverse, and driven team with a good mix of senior, mid-level, and junior talent. Basic Qualifications
- 10+ years of professional software development experience demonstrating responsibilities identified above.
- 3+ years of experience in leading an engineering team.
These skills are highly valued:
- Expertise in design, building and operating large scale distributed systems that can sustain rapid growth
- Technical leadership, experience in high performing, agile teams
- Drive changes across multiple teams across Microsoft
- Great communication skills to collaborate cross-group and work effectively within the team
- Expertise in any modern continuous delivery/deployment systems
- Expertise with Service Fabric, ARM, EV2, dSTS, dSMS, Microsoft Cloud/Azure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.