Position Description $5,000 sign on bonus for external candidates
We're fast becoming the nation's largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model's success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation's largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We're also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day.
If you want more meaning in your career - as a clinician or a business professional - take this opportunity and apply. It's the first step in a new career that will enable you to do your life's best work. (sm)
In this role, you will provide primary care to patients in long term care settings; coordinate with their PCP and facility staff to deliver high quality care on-site. This is a flexible, autonomous role that creates enormous satisfaction for the NP as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. All the while, you'll be building meaningful relationships with the residents and their families and the health care providers who are responsible for their care.Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide preventative and primary care for patients in assigned long term care facilities
- Work with primary care physicians to provide the best care possible
- Collaborate with the nursing staff and the patients' families
- Work with the facility's utilization review process
- In this role, you'll also explore and learn more about palliative care
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
Careers with Optum.
- Current, unrestricted NP license in the state of assignment or the ability to obtain
- Ability to obtain DEA licensure/Prescriptive Authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Nurse Practitioner national certification as ANP, FNP, or GNP required or the ability to obtain
- A clinical background in adult, family or geriatric specialties
- Past experience working in a nursing home or with seniors in other settings
- Intermediate level of proficiency in PC based word processing including Microsoft Word and Outlook
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner Jobs, Geriatric Nurse Practitioner, NP, long term care, LTC, Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Primary Care, PA, Pennsylvania