Position Description $2000 Sign-on bonus for external candidates!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)Primary Responsibilities:
- Patient outreach to review medication adherence and identify barriers. Provide resources when needed, including pharmacist referral, refill reminders, financial assistance, pill box, etc.
- Provide ongoing education and training to provider office staff on pharmacy related CMS Part C and D plan measures
- Compile pharmacy related quality reports and identify areas for intervention and improvement (e.g. medication claim reversals, medication adherence, medication reconciliation post discharge)
- Coordinate with OptumRX staff to ensure members receive prescriptions timely and assist with prescription refill requests
- Develop physician and member educational initiatives that promote use of formulary alternatives and improvement in measures
- Assist clinical pharmacists and pharmacy interns with Medication Therapy Management (e.g. Comprehensive Medication Reviews)
- Other responsibilities as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Pharmacy technician license in good standing in the state of Utah
- 2+ years of pharmacy related work experience
- CPhT certification
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
Careers with Optum.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree
- Experience in managed care pharmacy (Pharmacy Benefits Manager, Medicare Advantage)
- Knowledge of Medicare part D
- Ability to recognize potential drug discrepancies and barriers to adherence
- Ability to identify and analyze drug data trends
- Knowledge of HIPAA
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians. **PLEASE NOTE**
The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus. Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: pharmacy, pharmacy tech, pharmacy technician, Optum, OptumCare, CPhT
Posting ID: 556642891Posted: 2020-05-21