An Identity and Directory Services Engineer will be responsible for serving as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Active Directory (AD) in a variety of complex Identity environments. The candidate hired for this position will support AD for secure operation, high performance, and high availability. This role will advise and consult with organizational business and IT teams and leaders on Identity & Directory solutions based on corporate standards and industry trends in alignment with policies and regulatory obligations. Primary Responsibilities:
- Act in a strategic capacity as the most technical expert for all AD technologies, tools and processes across the organization for secure operation, high performance, and high availability in a hybrid on premise / cloud environment.
- Manage and support Identity and Access Management solutions within the corporate and customer facing environment.
- Create and maintain the Disaster Recovery documents related to the AD environment.
- Collaborate with other IT disciplines including Network, Storage, Monitoring, and Platform support teams to provide resolution of service issues.
- Maintain operational documentation, configuration information and other procedures.
- Be familiar with 0365 Secure Score and Interact with ATI (Threat Intelligence). Integration of domains with transformational Identity projects including SailPoint, Microsoft Azure AD Single Sign On/MFA, SIEM and CyberArk PAM.
- Develop best practice methodology surrounding Group Policy, and perform routine audits of Ad objects and user permissions.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure and Security Architects to implement new initiatives, such as developing and implementing strategy for upgrading AD from 2008 to 2016
- Ability to interact with stakeholders, create PowerPoint, Excel reports
- Excellent verbal as well as written executive communication and presentation skills
- Proven technical leadership experience
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Up to 25% travel to client or remote sites
- 3+ years of experience in Security or Identity & Access Management
- 5+ years of experience working directly with Microsoft Active Directory (2008 or 2016 preferred)
- 3+ years of experience working in a Healthcare IT environment
- Deep understanding of Single Sign On technology including SAML and Kerberos and other Multi-Factor Authentication design and implementation of same
- Willingness to learn ADFS, Server 2016, Azure AD, and how they interact with multiple cloud providers at a deep technical level and provide senior level engineering support
- Good understanding of Security Architecture, Application Design and Integration
- Scripting Experience in PowerShell or a similar language.
- Ability to troubleshoot connectivity issues and interact with end user administrators
- Can work independently with less supervision
Careers with Optum.
- Bachelor's or equivalent Degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field experience
- Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) or Microsoft Certified Architect (MCA) in Active Directory
- Supporting AD for an Healthcare facility or company with multiple sites/forests
- Experience with Cloud Identity Platforms for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
- Experience consolidating data centers and providing AD support as servers migrate to the cloud.
- Security Certifications (CISM, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, ITIL, PMP
- Knowledge of fundamental networking and troubleshooting steps
- Experience owning and supporting a service, creating run books, & 24/7 uptime and support
Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SMDiversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Engineer, Identity & Directory Services, Walnut Creek, CA
Posting ID: 556642892Posted: 2020-05-21