Position Description Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness - and those who care for them - have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services - in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management - are leading the way to a new level of care.We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group's family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
Under general supervision of the CMC Supervisor, The Consumer Medication Coordinator will enroll consumers and educate them on the Genoa medication coordination and compliance services. Ideal candidate has:
Schedule:Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5pmNO nights, NO weekends, NO holidays!Full benefits (medical, dental, vision) 401k and 18 days PTO.Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Daily communication with mentally ill patients, building relationships with clinic staff and consumers with an eagerness to problem solve any issues that arise.
- Outgoing and friendly personality is required to provide special care to our consumers. Marketing pharmacy Rx services is a daily task.
Educational or Skills Requirements:
- Communicate with all consumers of the mental health center regarding the medication services Genoa provides.
- Recruit and enroll consumers utilizing enrollment forms and copy the consumer's insurance card.
- Facilitate the collection of prescriptions to be faxed to the pharmacy for dispensing.
- Ensure all consumer insurance information is up to date in the Pharmacy system and is properly charged for the medications dispensed.
- Assist consumers in contacting the pharmacist regarding all their medication questions and ensure a prompt response to their questions.
- Assist clinic staff and pharmacy with prior authorizations and Patient Assistance programs as needed.
- Compliance monitoring by contacting the consumer at least monthly to ensure compliance and determine refill needs as applicable.
- Prescription refill management by utilizing the no refill report and contacting the appropriate prescriber to ensure timely refills are completed and dispensed to the consumer.
- May include Phlebotomy for consumers receiving Clozapine and other medications via Genoa schedule blood draws and sends samples to the appropriate lab as applicable.
- Medication delivery when needed and appropriate
- Check for expiration dates (both on consumer's medications as well as house account products/standing order meds)
- Ensure that medications are stored properly (refrigerated drugs are kept in the refrigerator, pen-tips are not stored on insulin pens, etc)
- Check for discrepancies (dose changes, discontinued medications, etc).
- Take back expired or discontinued medications for destruction (as long as they are clearly labeled by a pharmacy)
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license is required
- Pharmacy Technician license in the state of New Hampshire required
- PTCB Certification required
- Candidates for the position will be subject to a standard reference and background check.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol.
- Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must Possess a valid drivers license.
- Excellent organizations skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stands, walks, lifts and carries up to 30 pounds at one time, bends, turns, stoops, kneels, climbs, and uses many physical motions in performing day to day activities; finger dexterity, gripping, eye-hand coordination, visual acuity.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. Keywords: pharmacy, technician, retail, customer service, PTCB, pharmaceutical
- Work areas may include: driving an automobile (including potentially difficult driving circumstances with regard to weather and traffic). Inside locations; noise generated from telephones, computers/printers, and verbal communication, subject to many interruptions, pressure due to multiple demands, exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens, may be presented with emergency or crisis situations.
Posting ID: 556642904Posted: 2020-05-21