Join us as we work towards Microsoft's mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. The Modern Life Experiences (MLX) team is expanding its global footprint and we need your help in bringing consumer products directly to the people who need them. We are agile team at Microsoft with the goal of developing consumer features for the modern workforce across surfaces and platforms. We work collaboratively and iterate quickly. We keep alive an inherently startup-like, risk-taking culture but we also take the responsibility seriously to carry one of the world's most recognizable software brand names - Microsoft. Our mission is to build customer-driven experiences that transform personal data into personal value and empower modern achievers and families to accomplish what matters most. By creating easy-to-use mobile and web experiences, we are helping individuals and families gain peace of mind, to ultimately allow them to focus on what's most important: each other.
Data is your product. We are looking for individuals with passion for Data. Someone with who can help us build and advance foundational data tools that help deliver experimentation, analytics, data science and machine learning use cases, while balancing security, privacy and ethics of data.
You will have ownership over:
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines for real-time/batch analysis, reporting, optimization, data collection, and related functions.
- Build and Maintain data processing infrastructure that support complex analysis across our data science, product, and experimentation teams.
- Evaluate and propose the best tooling and processes for data access and analysis.
- Use large data sets to resolve major business and functional issues while improving data reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Ensuring security, privacy and compliance for all data assets.
- Work iteratively.
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Applied Scientists
- 3+ years relevant industry experience designing data models and ETL pipelines that are secure, testable, and modular.
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (at least one of Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Flink)
- Experience working with Data Scientists and Applied Scientists
- Development Expertise in at least one programming language (Java, .NET, Python).
- Experience in designing and executing data pipelines using GDPR and private data
- Promote a culture of self-serve data analytics by minimizing technical barriers to data access and understanding.
- Ability to communicate well with users, partner teams and senior management to collect requirements, explain data collection decisions and create data engineering strategy
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets
- Experience in data visualization and dashboard design including tools such as Tableau, PowerBIetc
- Stay current with the latest technology and communicate your knowledge throughout the team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Posting ID: 556642907Posted: 2020-05-21