Coordinates social work services for Med/Surg, ICU, Telemetry and ER to provide psychosocial assessment, counseling, resource information, and referrals to patients and families. Works with patient and family to develop skills to cope with the impact of illness, hospitalization, treatment and continuing care issues. Functions as the patient safety ombudsman/advocate for disclosure of medical errors. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to care for age specific needs of the population served as measured by completion of mandatory training and direct observation by supervisor.
- Demonstrates an understanding of illness/recovery and the impact on patients and families.
- Responds to campus wide referrals same working day.
- Identifies significant psychosocial issues and implements appropriate social service interventions and continuing care options through the process of data collection, data analysis and implementation of a care plan based on identified needs.
- Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to ensure continuity of care and comprehensive patient services to maximize the effectiveness of social service interventions.
- Develops and sustains positive working relationship with patients, families, physicians, nurses and ancillary personnel to promote open communications.
- Acts as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff regarding internal/external resources.
- Initiates team conferences to facilitate discussion/consensus regarding complex cases.
- Uses crisis intervention techniques to calm, comfort and stabilize patient/families under stress.
- Utilizes knowledge to coordinate realistic referrals and continuing care plans to meet the needs, age, and health status of the patient.
- Informs the patients, families and anyone accountable for the continuing care of the patient of their role and responsibilities relating to the continuing care plan.
- Utilizes appropriate clinical intervention skills to assist patient, families, and staff with their abilities to cope based on assessed needs.
- Documents on CM progress notes, multidisciplinary problem list and interdisciplinary education records to provide clear, concise record of social work services and interventions.
- Facilitates/coordinates timely transfer and discharge of patients with complex needs.
- Facilitates/coordinates inpatient and outpatient dialysis arrangements.
- In collaboration with the clinical and medical staff discloses medical errors to patients and families in accordance with existing patient safety plan and disclosure policy.
- Assists in developing and maintaining the electronic case management resource manual.
- Acts as a campus wide resource regarding the Baker Act. Attends to represent CCF @ the Broward County Baker Act Task force meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications:Complexity of Work:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work (BSW).
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Two years experience as a social worker in Healthcare setting, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to prioritize workload, good problem solving skills, and basic computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize, and multitask to achieve a therapeutic outcome.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Requires frequent walking from department to department: require sitting at a workstation or desk; requires standing; work may include occasional publishing and/or pulling, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
- such as files, documents and computer printouts.
- Work requires finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 556642916Posted: 2020-05-21