Technician I, ProductionReq #:
JR - 020219Location:
Local Job CodesDate Posted:
4/26/2020 6:57:31 PM
Baxter International Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter isAt the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives. Job DescriptionPosition: Production Technician I - ExtrusionShift: 6th (7pm-7am)Position Summary
The Extruder Production Technician I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying and operating machinery that produces both spooled and cut tubing to be used in the manufacture of flexible containers which hold IV therapies, premixed drugs, renal therapies and other sterile solutions. Essential Job Duties
- Acquire and transport extruder blend using a PIT (Powered Industrial Truck)
- Supply, operate, clean and maintain the Extruder ensuring the correct blend is used and the manufacturing specifications are attained
- Roll produced tubing onto reels and place and secure on mobile rack for storage
- Transport enclosed mobile rack to staging area
- Supply, operate, clean and maintain the Tubing Cutter when assigned
- Calibrate, adjust and operate various product monitoring machines as necessary
- Clean and maintain vacuum filters, breaker plates, extruder pin, screen plates and related equipment
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance such as adjustments, replacement of machine parts, cleaning and lubrication while supporting Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Perform scheduled quality checks (using various types of machinery and hand held measurement devices), disposition product, identify any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to include stopping production on the machine if necessary
- Navigate the computerized Production Operating Management System (POMS) to access, manage and document batch information throughout the production process
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- In a Class II Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses or goggles, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, gown, shoe covers and gloves (additional PPE required when cleaning).
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat and the necessity to wear heat resistant gloves.
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise.
- This position involves working around moving equipment and machinery.
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Possess or be able to obtain Worksaver Operator Certification.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
- Proficient in how to use measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Basic computer skills required.
- *May be required to cross train with the Cast Film Extruder to be able to serve as a fill in if necessary.
- Production Technician or manufacturing experience with duties including preventative maintenance, machine troubleshooting, etc.
- This position requires frequent grasping, pushing/pulling and reaching with hands and arms. The position also involves lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Normal visual acuity is necessary.
- Must be able to pass the Powered Industrial Truck (P.I.T.) physical.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, kneel, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.