Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team! **We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opening, however we do not have assurance at this time if and when the position will be finalized and opened. Because we have strong reason to believe the position will be approved soon, we are proceeding with identifying qualified candidates and conducting interviews.**
We are currently in need of an Instrumentation Engineer
to join our team with GeoControl Systems, a JETS teammate company. Do you have the following skills?
As an Instrumentation Engineer
Qualifications :Required Education/Experience/Skills:This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- Maintain and configure existing data acquisition systems to support facility test operations.
- Design and develop new data acquisition systems to support facility test operations.
- Review and track engineering deliverables for project status reporting.
- Specify and initiate procurement of instrumentation.
- Support facility test operations as a certified Instrumentation Engineer and produce required documentation.
- Resolve corrective actions as they arise
- Coordinate and maintain calibration procedures and activities together with the calibration quality manager.
- Perform instrument calibration out of tolerance reporting and impact assessments as they arise.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Understanding of electrical drawings and procedures for instrumentation systems.
- Experience with data acquisition systems and their application.
- Experience with instrument specification and calibration procedures.
- Proficiency using computers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Why Work on Our Team?
- Familiarity with Johnson Space Center (JSC) organizations, processes, and procedures.
- Experience with National Instrument Data Acquisition systems.
- Experience with LabView.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Access.
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
If you have the qualifications to do this job, we can use your help
For immediate consideration, please apply at http://www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.