The Corporate Accounting Manager will manage the month-end close process and assist with the preparation of the company's SEC filings. The Accounting Manager will supervise and mentor staff; utilize 'hands-on' management of the month-end close and quarterly reporting functions; analyze and reconcile the monthly close process; review supporting schedules, and assist with interim and year-end audits. To be successful in the position, the individual must be able to time manage, display and extremely high level of organizational skills and display honestly and integrity when producing, delivering and distributing information. In addition, a high level of confidentiality must be maintained at all times.Essential Job Functions:
- Manage month-end close activities for the US and Canada operations including reviewing of journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Review of the cash accounting, fixed asset accounting, intangible accounting, and commission calculations
- Assist with the consolidation process of multiple subsidiaries including intercompany reconciliation and foreign currency accounting
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
- Assist in the preparation of various schedules/analyses as required for quarterly and year-end SEC filings
- Collaborate with other department/subsidiary managers to meet overall month/quarter/year-end close deadlines
- Work with external auditors on interim and year end audits
- Provide day-to-day management and guidance to finance staff accountants
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Support VP and Assistant Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
- Assist in SAP and other special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience required including public accounting experience - Big 4 preferred.
- Prior managerial experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Exceptional organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, solid analytical skills and follow through skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel
Posting ID: 556642999Posted: 2020-05-21