Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development for complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction. Position Summary
The Telecom Tower Technician (Tophand) installs, maintains, and operates wired, wireless, fiber optic and microwave telecommunications equipment and systems. The technician provides support in the maintenance and operation of telecommunication site infrastructures.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed, and stop work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist
- Assist Crew Foreman to ensure quality service to clients
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories; and perform maintenance on tower equipment
- Recognize and perform duties within OSHA safety guidelines as well as all applicable safety laws and policies
- Work effectively both individually and with other crew members
- Handle transportation of equipment
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a tower climber required
- Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications are required
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required
- Clearance of background, drug screen and proof of valid driver's license required
- Ability to climb, at least, a 250' telecommunications tower required
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting up to 65 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.