Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA's pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA's largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program - the International Space Station (ISS), NASA's Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon's surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind's understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a Desktop Support Technician
to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
The Desktop Support Technician
Qualifications :Required Education/Experience/Skills:
- Design, build and deploy computer and laptop images.
- Deploy desktop application software.
- Provide technical assistance for deployment activities.
- Design, build and deploy computer and laptop images.
- Conduct on-site technical support visits with clients for their hardware/software issues.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve incidents for desktop systems and applications.
- Conduct appropriate tests of any repaired device before re-deployment to clients.
- Provide support for employee processing activities (new hires, moves, terminations).
- Provide printer management, including monitoring, procuring and replacing toners.
- Provide resource (mainly laptop) checkout support.
- Provide support for periodic inventories of IT resources.
- Provide support for ad hoc IT special projects.
- Work with customers to ensure better understanding of new technologies and to provide in-person and remote phone support to answer questions about devices and issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Work for Jacobs?
- Two (2) years of college, plus four (4) years of related experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for a portion of the experience.
- Requires independent analyses, communication and problem solving.
- Perform functions with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Prior experience providing in-person and remote phone technical support.
- Ability to escalate issues which won't be resolved within the service level agreement to other personnel.
- Requires ability to work both independently and in a group environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess working knowledge of IT Standards.
- Knowledge Microsoft Windows 10 and above Operating System and MS Office 365 products and above, with Outlook.
- Work with Kaseya for deploying software and checking computer inventory.
- Imaging Dell workstations and laptops using FOG.
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time). Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.). Attendance
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required. Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.