Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development - complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm 2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long-term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Responsible for maximizing crew efficiency with a focus on safety and profitability of the services projects through effective site management, and continuing to look for areas of improvement on our projects. Ultimately responsible and accountable for all activities of the crew, equipment and company resources.
- Communicate with project managers and customer, as required, to ensure that project is being completed to their satisfaction and to address any customer satisfaction issues or concerns.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily job site safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories; and perform maintenance on tower equipment. Daily reporting of project status and documentation of daily progress, Job Plan and Job Safety Analysis, along with accurate close out documentation.
- Prepare accurate documentation of time and expenses for self and crew and promptly provide to Project Manager daily.
- Ensure crew recognizes and performs duties within OSHA safety guidelines as well as all applicable safety laws and policies.
- Manages crew of up to four (4) additional employees with limited supervision.
- Responsible for bringing projects to completion on budget and on time in a quality manner.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Travel up to 100%
- Tower Crew Foreman experience required
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a tower climber required
- Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications are required
- Ability to climb, at least, a 250' telecommunications tower required
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required
- NWSA Certification preferred
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products required
- Anritsu Certification preferred
- PIM Certification preferred
- OSHA 10 Hour Certification preferred
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting up to 65 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Posting ID: 556643004Posted: 2020-05-21