Portfolio ManagerReq #:
JR - 020902Location:
4/27/2020 8:29:20 AM
Baxter International Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter isAt the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives. Location to live: Omaha NE or Kansas City KSRenal Overview
The Baxter Renal portfolio includes innovative technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), in-center and home hemodialysis (HD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) (Acute), multi-organ extracorporeal support therapy and additional dialysis services. Position Overview
The Portfolio Manager will coordinate the resources aligned to their geography including Clinical Educators (CE) and Therapy Development Specialists (TDS). Must understand all therapies, products and selling process. Responsible for negotiating all contracts and serves as the point for all contractual communications. Leads all strategy across the Acute, PD, and HD therapies. Coordinates resource cohesion, collaboration, and implementation across the geography. Develops and maintains strategic physician and business led relationships. Point person for all local interactions (HTI, ATI, Regional Congresses, Vendor Tables). Foster collaboration with cross-functional partners (GTS, Center for One Baxter, Transportation Ops). Home Options Network (HON) liaison for new start PD programs in territory Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads all strategy across CRRT, PD, and HD therapies, while driving pre-tax associated margin in support of region, area, and U.S. strategy by partnering with CE and TDS
- Maintain customer relationships at the highest level possible
- Develops and maintains strategic physician and business led relationships
- Drives horizontal contract sell inclusive of all 3 LOB's (at expiry or otherwise)
- Maintain business pricing excellence standards and ensures proficiency
- Monitors sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential for the geography
- Conducts scientific/ technical sales presentations and discussions related to the portfolio. Continuously increase and sharpen knowledge as well as selling, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Responsible for expanding the existing territory by identifying and closing new business opportunities
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5+ years sales experience in a medical field required; extensive and complex capital sales experience
- Hunter mentality a must.
- Advanced consultative sales skills including excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to relate to various levels of management and staff in the hospital and clinic environment
- Proven Negotiating Skills with ability to initiate, execute and close associated contractual processes
- Demonstrated forecasting skills
- This person should have a track record of managing multiple projects and/or businesses while consistently meeting or exceeding sales objectives
- Ability to work in consultative manner with customers
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other team members to ensure successful new business conversions and development at customer sites while supporting the goals of the business
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage pricing contracts and renewals
- Valid driver's license
- Travel within local territory and overnight
Able to comply with customer credentialing requirements in order to gain and maintain access to assigned facilities. Requirements are defined by each customer and typically include health vaccinations, training documentation, drug screens, criminal and personal background checks and information regarding health program sanctions (such as those regulated by the Office of Inspector, the General Service Administration and the Food and Drug Administration) Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.