L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: GNC Engineer 4Job Code:AS20202004-44587Location: Tucson,AZPosition Summary:
L3Harris Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience.
We are searching for aGNC Engineer 4 in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located inTucson, AZ.As a GNC Engineer4you will work with cross-functional engineering teams to quickly provide solutions for our customers. This position provides advanced concept development, design, implementation, test, and evaluation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS). The position can include time in office, lab, and infrequent flight test environments depending on program/task. Major Job Activities:
- Development of outer-loop control algorithms utilizing feedback from a variety of sensors for precision guidance and ISR mission support
- Development of inner-loop control algorithms for vehicle stability and performance
- Development of navigation solutions using GPS and/or alternate-sensor aiding
- Development of high-fidelity 6DOF math models to simulate/recreate dynamic behavior of airborne flight systems and their sub-components
- Technology planning and system-level trade studies providing requirements and performance specification
- Mentoring engineers by demonstrating excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain DoD secret clearance;must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering degree with an emphasis on Control Theory (advanced degree preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in airborne flight control systems or related field
- 10+ years of experience using integrated sensor systems for guidance and/or navigation
- Demonstrated technical capability and problem solving in a varietyof GNC disciplines (Guidance, Target State Estimation, Navigation, Control Theory, Vehicle Modeling)
- Demonstrated design and integration experience with commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) autopilots/flight computers such asPiccolo/PCC, PixHawk, and Arduino
- Ability to translate technical vision, direction, tasking, and status to multi-disciplinary team
- Fluency in Matlab/Simulink and C++ for development and analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated Behavorial Skills (Positive Attitude, Mentoring, Emotional Intelligence, Teaming, Delegation, Strong Work Ethic)
- Ability to lead, work, and collaboratein a fast-paced, agile development environment across multiple engineering disciplines
- Demonstrated Communication Skills (written, verbal, and presentation for internal and externalcustomers)
- Familiarity with a variety of mission sensors (radar, optical, etc) types, modes, and stabilization
- Familiarity with a variety of vehicle sensors (GPS, Antenna, IMU, ADS, etc) types and modes
- Familiarity with a variety of tracker types
- Background in physics/rigid body dynamics
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.