L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Electro Mechanical Assembler
Job Code: AS20202004-44602
Job Location: Menlo Park, CA
As a Electro Mechanical Assembler you will responsible for performing moderately complex electro-mechanical assembly tasks related to the manufacture of small antennas and related subassemblies.
- Performs electrical and mechanical assembly work utilizing blueprints, drawings and operation sheets.
- Performs J-Standard hand soldering, wiring, and assembling of small complex components.
- Uses standard hand tools and various epoxies to perform operations.
- Must be able to perform work with microscopes for extended periods of time.
- Able to use measuring devices such as weighing machines, rulers, and multi-meters.
- Interfaces with QA and Test personnel to ensure subassemblies are inspected and tested at specified checkpoints.
- Performs rework and repairs as required.
- Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion.
- Requires a high school diploma and/or a minimum of seven to nine years of related electro-mechanical assembly experience.
- Ability to read operation sheets and moderately complex blueprints.
- Ability to pass IPC J-STD-001 certification
- Requires soldering skills, experience with soldering.
Perferred Additional Skills
- Knowledge of electronic components and color codes, the ability to use measuring instruments such as caliper and scale, and use formulas.
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime and weekends.
- Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
- Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
- Will be exposed to some or all of the following: fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to stoop, bend, kneel, and squat for extended periods of time.
- Able to push, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift 30 pounds close to the body repetitively. (Employees need to ask for assistance and use material handling tools for lesser weight in awkward location and/or body positions and for any items over 30 pounds).
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.