L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Lead Pricing Analyst
Job Location: Simi Valley, CA
Job Code: AS20202204-44725
The Lead,Pricing Analyst will beresponsible for the preparation of cost proposals that are compliant to customer pricing instructions, fact finding, government audits, and preparation of cost data for proposal approvals.Essential Functions:
- This position reports to the Manager, Program Finance.
- Under minimal supervision, reads and interprets the Request for Quote (RFQ) to ensure all aspects of request are addressed and proposals are compliant to the Statement of Work (SOW) and pricing instructions.
- Analyzes specifications, including sketches, blueprints, bills of material, or sample layouts, and calculates production costs using labor and material pricing schedules and historical data.
- Collects cost data from functional representatives, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Prepares and maintains historical cost data.
- Using applicable historical data, estimates labor pricing and prices a consolidated Bill of Material (BOM).
- Creates cost models for cost estimating elements.
- Prepares price proposals and briefing packages to obtain Price Review Board approval.
- Responsible for determining material, labor and/or overhead costs relating to contractual efforts.
- Prepares budgets and schedules for contract work.
- Financial analysis, including funding profiles, sales outlook, and various ad hoc analyses.
- Ensures adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Truth in Negotiations Act, and L3Harris policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, submission and negotiations.
- The preparation of the Price Review package for proposal approval.
- Works closely with the proposal team for new business opportunities and cost/price models.
- Maintains pricing related documentation and works with the Pricing Manager to maintain estimating system compliance.
- Prepares and presents detailed cost/price briefings to senior management, to include RFP pricing requirements/evaluation criteria and pricing strategies, when applicable.
- Participates in pricing strategy development to ensure achievability and RFP compliance.
- Understands and applies the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) requirements/limitations in the proposal process.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and8 years' of industry experience, perferabley in Manufacuting environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 to 5 years'experience in cost estimating and proposal development
- Full knowledge of industry and government practices required.
- Must have strong skills with Excel, MS Office suite
- Experience and knowledge of ProPricer.
- The candidate must have knowledge of manufacturing and engineering processes.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills are essential.
- The ability to manage priorities and work under time critical deadlines is required.
- Ability to work independently required.
- Strong working knowledge of the FAR and CAS required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.