L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:Facilities Engineering Project ManagerJob ID: CHQ20202404-44789Job Location:Melbourne, FLJob Description:
Facilities Engineer Specialist is an experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. Manages projects or processes with general supervision. Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, construction and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities. Gathers and reviews data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions and guidelines, required completion schedule, and execution feasibility. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects. Coordinates with architecture and engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Prepares bid sheets, project justification, statement of work documents and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Reviews and estimates design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Responsible for managing approve budgets and approving contracts and purchases. Oversees the construction and installation to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, cost and schedule. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.Job Responsibilities:
- Provides construction management, architectural design, and code compliance support in the L3Harris Facilities Management group.
- Coordinates work of contractors and interfaces with customers to accommodate program requirements.
- Typical projects include building renovations, capital infrastructure improvements, equipment installations and associated site work to support the relocation or expansion of personnel and assets in support of changing business needs.
- Responsibilities cover all phases of project management including, evaluation of requirements, estimating, scheduling, budget management design oversight, construction management and project close out.
- Role is customer focused, metric driven and has an expectation of value engineering, process efficiencies, and cost improvements.
- Utilizes e3, L3Harris business operating system, to deliver continuous improvement and operational excellence to all aspects of the department.
- Manages several projects at one time, having sole responsibility for large to small projects and supporting additional projects as a team member, engineering or construction management resource.
- Works in a diverse and changing environment supporting many internal and external customers simultaneously.
- Works closely with Facilities Maintenance and Operations teams.
- Supports the development of capital and expense budgets for the corporation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or other engineering disciplines and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience; or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Valid driver's License.
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance.
- Experience in facilitating the design and project execution of architectural, electrical, and HVAC systems.
- Project management skills coupled with the ability to effectively manage and partner with contractors, vendors and team members.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/regulations including those mandated by OSHA, ADA, NFPA, NEC, EPA, local Building Codes.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Visio, PeopleSoft, and estimating software.
- Experience working with engineering blueprints, process specifications and building layouts.
- Experience in space planning, process improvement.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with facilities infrastructures such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, roofing, etc.
- Understand process improvement and project management fundamentals such as estimating, project scheduling, construction management, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.