L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Director of AccountingJob ID# CHQ20202704-44841Job Location: Melbourne, FLJob Description:
The Director provides leadership for accounting and business analytics organization in Global Business Services (GBS). This position holds primary responsibility for overseeing the accounting activities, implementing / maintaining a system of internal controls, ensuring flawless audits, attaining high customer satisfaction, and leading GBS strategic initiatives. This role serves as a strategic and tactical business partner to the GBS functional leadership and the business unit management team. GBS is a shared services organization providing enterprise wide services in finance, indirect procurement, asset management, and facility management.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Accounting & BusinessAnalytics group that is responsible for accounting activities, BPO (Business Process Outsourced) functions, internal controls, regulatory compliance, integration initiatives, and process improvement
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected
- Coordinate and oversee the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) activities relative to internal controls documentation and testing and segregation of duties for all GBS functions
- Serve as the GBS resource for all SOX questions and provide technical accounting GAAP guidance and support to all GBS functions including involvement in due diligence and other activities surrounding acquisitions/dispositions/integrations
- Manage work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the financial records. Responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings
- Ensurecompliance with local, state, and federal government requirements
- LeadContinuous Improvement initiatives to enhance the efficiency of the GBS functions while maintaining a high level of compliance
- Lead a team with an emphasis on developing existing and future talent, mentoring and inspiring performance, and enabling employees succeed
- Performother related duties as necessary or assigned
Preferred Additional Skills:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of 12 years related experience or Graduate Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in both Public Accounting and Industry accounting experience with a multi-divisional business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Managementskills / experience with groups of 10 or more employees
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills; Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal controls
- Be able to write organizational policy and procedures and make recommendations for policy, procedure and process improvements to executive management.
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, PeopleSoft and SAP ERP systems
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software
- Experience with Blackline preferred
- Sound knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations(FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.