L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title - Director of Strategy
Job Location - USA-NH-Londonderry
Job ID - CS20202204-44680
The Director Strategy develops long-range objectives and strategic plans consistent with the growth and profitability goals of the Sector. The role is responsible for scanning relevant environments, maintaining surveillance over specific markets, and potentially performing financial analysis of acquisition targets while planning and coordinating business reviews, resource allocations, organization structures, and financial analysis.
The Director Strategy must be able to interact within the broad levels of customer leadership and company executives, as well as internal company executives and peers. The successful candidate is a seasoned professional and an effective business leader with a high sense of urgency and natural ability to garner top performance from others within and outside his/her organization
This is a highly visible senior leadership role and provides an outstanding opportunity to join a well-respected company that continues to grow and expand its business base. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Develop and execute short/long-term business plans, stratregies and tactics to grow the business
- Working with Corporate/Segment leadership, integrates Sector, Segment and Corporate strategic plans
- Aggregates inputs from Engineering, Technology, Business Development and industry trends to ensure internal investments support the long term growth of the Sector
- Scans the market to anticipate changes and ensures organization is postured to meet new challenges
- Identify acquisition targets and develop proposals to demonstrate business case for the acquisitions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external customers
- Creates a culture consistent with L3Harris business practices and ethics
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and/or fifteen years of relevant experience in government, defense and/or aerospace industries.
- Must have a proven ability to functionally lead, as well as develop and implement strategic business initiatives across multiple sites within in a decentralized environment.
- Proven ability to develop and execute key market strategies, including financial impact analysis
- Senior-level management experience with merger and acquisitions
- Strong relationships with relevant customers combined with a rich understanding of customer acquisition processes
- Strong financial / business acumen
- The candidate must also possess strong communications skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Must be eligible for DOD, DOE, and other governmental agencies security clearances and accesses
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.