L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title - Material Program Manager
Job Location - USA-NH-Londonderry
Job ID - CS20202204-44733
The Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong cross functional leader with demonstrated project/program management skills. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, capable of developing and achieving organizational and program objectives in a matrixed environment. Must be able to successfully interface with all levels of internal management, including external supplier management.
Candidate will be responsible for developing and executing overarching supply chain strategies and plans for specific programs. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Managers, IPT's and the Supply Chain organization. The MPM will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The MPM will serve as the leader for all program's supply chain activities, and will status an action plans against program objectives to the Business Unit Material Program Manager as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies and plans. Candidate may also lead front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the program and the program IPT team. The position requires an individual who is persistent in influencing others to execute their responsibilities on time and escalates as required to achieve schedules.Other MPM duties:
- Develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions andbases of estimates
- Must beable to work in conjunction with engineering to develop accurate Bill ofMaterials (BOM's) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal processand promptly flow any changes to material estimating and develop astrategy to get representative costs.
- Developand execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with the Subcontract Administrator)
- Executemake/buy/where process
- Develop, execute and maintain Supply Chain risk/opportunity plans to meet programobjectives.
- Balancestrategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Workclosely with Planning, Engineering, Quality and Operations to createcommon schedule based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Collaboratewithin supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitorperformance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functionalissues.
- Experienced in Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including Material EACs and Material Forecasting
The MPM is the single point of contact to management and to internal customers, including Program Office, Quality, Engineering, Operations, Finance, and Contracts. They will represent the Supply Chain organization on policies, strategies and objectives, oversee all SCM activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various Supply Chain functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, and Production Control. The MPM is the acknowledged expert on all supply chain issues and their impact on the enterprise programs.Required Skills:
- Minimum 6years of direct experience in Government and commercial defense markets
- Experienceworking in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry and FederalAcquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Experiencewith Supply Chain processes and MRP related systems
- Programand/or functional experience managing material (SCM, EngineeringProgram/Integrated Program Team (IPT), Operations)
- Experiencemanaging proposal Supply Chain activities
- Experiencewith contract flow down requirements and how to filter those specific to Supply Chain.
- Experiencewith EVMS/EAC Reporting.
- Experiencewith Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project)
- Engineering experience in Electronic Warfare products.
- Ability toconvert business area and customer requirements into executable strategies.
- Ability to collaborate with the Subcontract Administrator to review statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
- Ability to develop individuals and teams
- Ability to lead in an Integrated Program Team (IPT) environment
- SupplyChain/MPM experience
- SAP/PRISM and/or Costpoint experience
- Six SigmaSpecialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
- Technicalknowledge of EW related hardware applications as well as knowledge ofoperational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Workingknowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Fluency inbusiness systems, process, and procedures
- PMPCertification and/or CPSM Certification
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.