Functions as a member of the Patient Care Team by utilizing knowledge of nursing theory and disease processes in order to provide professional nursing care to patients as appropriate. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for patient care by continuously practicing within the guidelines of CCF policies and procedures as evidenced by accuracy in medication administration.
- Provides accurate medication administration, nursing documentation such as: medical records, authorization forms, laboratory requisitions. Implements pain management assessment and documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge of disease process and therapeutics by recognizing changes in patients' status and reports pertinent information to Charge Nurse or Physicians.
- Recognizes and follows through with nursing intervention.
- Demonstrates knowledge of various age related concerns as observed through appropriate nursing interventions by the Physicians or Charge Nurse and documentation.
- Utilizes opportunity for health teaching of patient, family and others
- . Utilizes appropriate teaching methods related to growth and development and age specific factors evidenced by documentation in the patient's medical record.
- Participates in the departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
- Performs patient teaching as needed under the supervision of RN/Physician.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of Accredited LPN program.
- Knowledge of Infection Control Practices.
- Is cognizant of the physical and general characteristics of the various age groups as observed by the Nurse Manager or Physician.
- Computer literate.
Complexity of Work:
- Florida Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred if working in Cardiology.
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Has verbal knowledge of Dr. Lower's Credo: A PATIENT is the most important person in this institution - in person or by mail. A PATIENT is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. - PATIENT is not an interruption of our work - he is the purpose of it. A PATIENT in not an outsider to our business - he is part of it. A PATIENT is not someone to argue or match wits with. A PATIENT is a person and not a statistic. He has feelings, emotions, biases, prejudices and wants. It is our job to satisfy him.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- One (1) year clinical experience preferred.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Essential Duties: This position requires knowledge of all aspects of patient care including assessing; planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the patients progress through the entire continuum of car in conjunction with the R.N. or physician.
- Physical Duties: This position requires frequent walking, sitting, and standing.
- Frequent talking and listening when giving instruction and explanations.
- Frequent use of the phone; fax machines, and occasional use of the computer.
- Work is heavy, constant lifting and moving patients, carrying equipment, supplies and material up to 50 pounds without help and over 50 pounds with the help of mechanical devices or other personnel.
- You will be stooping, pushing and pulling when moving patient into position for treatment; also you will be reaching, handling, feeling and manipulation of equipment into position.
- Working Conditions: The majority of the time employee spends indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- The potential for exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens is significant.
- Clinical exposure to patients requires the use of personal protective equipment.
- This position is high exposure to infectious wastes such as blood and bodily fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks, gowns, and goggles as appropriate.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 556643071Posted: 2020-05-21