L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:Field Service TechnicianJob Code: FTSCLocation: Salt Lake City, UTTravel: Up to 100% based on location of each temporary assignment (see details below)Description:
The position provides technical and professional company representation through temporary assignments located at various customer facilities worldwide, as dictated by business and program needs.The position is responsible for installations, checkout, operation, On-the-job cross training and/or maintenance of communications systems in accordance with contractual obligations.The position strives to guarantee customer satisfaction through ethical and qualitative on-the-job performance with the primary goal of effectively supporting assigned tasking and minimizing system downtime. Physical location and scope of each temporary assignment will vary, including CONUS and/or OCONUS assignments on flight test programs, demonstrations, and worldwide mission support, including deployments to hostile environments.Responsibilities:
- Install, perform checks, operate, repair and maintain assigned equipment at customer installation(s).
- Conduct mechanical and electronicpreventive maintenance to predict problems and correct anomalies prior to catastrophic downtime.
- Adhere to the published test plan to isolateanomalies tokeep the equipment downtime to a minimum.
- Interpret and follow moderately complex sketches, schematics, drawings, charts, graphs, blue prints, block and wiring diagrams of assigned equipment.
- Maintain logs, charts and graphs for analysis, evaluation and trend detection.
- Modify assigned equipment with authorized upgrades, and perform temporary modifications to extend continued operation until maintenance can be performed.
- Participate in field installations, upgrades, demonstrations and deployments.
- Maintain close and professional liaison with customer personnel to provide information, advice and services as required.
- Required to support temporary assignments of varying durations at CONUS and/or OCONUS locations depending on business needs; any failure to accept a temporary assignment will be considered job abandonment.
- Required to support deployments from temporary assignment location of varying lengths, which may include deployment to hostile and/or dangerous CONUS or OCONUS locations for which hazard pay will be provided based on each customer contract.
- Required to satisfactorily complete (as determined by the customer) any and all customer-mandated medical and/or pre-deployment screenings in accordance with contract and customer requirements.
- Associates degree or certificate from an accredited two-year technical or military electronics program with knowledge of electronics and mechanics and a demonstrated ability to comprehend schematics, logic drawings, wire lists, and prints.
- Typically requires two plus (2+) years related work experience and an understanding of computers, networking, digital, RF, AC & DC power, satellite operation and maintenance, feedback control, and/or tracking disciplines.
- This position may require the ability to work independently over extended periods at isolated and/or hostile locations.
- Must be physically able to move up to 50 lbs. and have color vision to identify cables and wires.
- Due to the nature of our work this position requires aCURRENTDepartment of Defense Secret security clearance, at minimum Secret (preferred TS/SCI).
- This position requires the ability to be granted access to U.S. Government and/or customer facilities, which may necessitate periodic background checks or similar screenings conducted by the U.S Government and/or customer. Inability to gain access to a location where work must be performed may result in re-assignment and/or termination of employment for inability to meet job requirements.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.