Come join our award winning team! See What Is Possible in the Transplant ICU!Our bright and newly expanded Transplant Intensive Care Unit is a 20 bed specialty ICU that cares for pre and post abdominal transplant patients. Our team of critical care nurses, occupational and physical therapists, advanced practice providers (APNP or PA), hepatologists, nephrologists, and transplant surgeons partner to provide the highest level of care. We provide complex therapies such as advanced ventilator support, hemodynamic monitoring and continuous renal replacement therapy to support our patients during critical illness; with a patient to nurse ratio of 2:1 or 1:1. Our team is passionate about providing exceptional care to every patient and their family.
We invite you to review the job posting below. If you meet the requirements and qualifications for this opportunity, you are encouraged to apply.Thank you for considering a career with Froedtert Health!Location: US:WI:MILWAUKEE at our FROEDTERT HOSPITAL facility.FTE: 0.900000*1.0 FTE is Full-Time, any position less than 1.0 FTE is Part-Time, and .001 FTE is Optional Part-Time**Positions with an "FTE" (full time equivalency) of .8 - 1.0 are eligible for full-time medical, dental and vision benefits. Positions with an "FTE" of .5 - .799 are eligible for part-time pro-rated medical, dental and vision benefits*Shift 3
Three 12-hour night shifts (1900-0700) with every third weekend and holiday rotation.
The Registered Nurse is a practitioner who is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing care for an identified group of patients in an inpatient environment. This individual demonstrates competency in delivery of care to a primarily adult population. The Staff RN-Inpatient job description has incorporated essential functions which are adapted from the ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition (2010).
- Clinical competence and experience in the care and management of target patient populations specific to area of employment.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of education at an accredited School of Nursing in order to be eligible for licensure as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Upon hire any non-BSN nurse with less than one year of licensed registered nurse experience will be required to enroll in a BSN (or higher nursing degree) program. Acceptance into a program is expected within 15 months of hire and the degree program must be completed within 5 years of enrollment, or 6 years if program is MSN, DNP or PhD in Nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
- Requires current state of Wisconsin Registered Nurse License or a Multi-state Nursing License from a participating state in the NLC (Nurse Licensure Compact).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) or an AHA approved equivalent is required within 90 days of hire.
- American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required within one year hire.
- At least 1 year of transplant or ICU experience strongly preferred.
The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin regional health network is a partnership between Froedtert Health and the Medical College of Wisconsin supporting a shared mission of patient care, innovation, medical research and education. Our health network operates eastern Wisconsin's only academic medical center and adult Level I Trauma Center at Froedtert Hospital, Milwaukee, an internationally recognized training and research center engaged in thousands of clinical trials and studies. The Froedtert & MCW health network, which includes five hospitals, more than 1,700 physicians and nearly 40 health centers and clinics, draws patients from throughout the Midwest and the nation.
Froedtert Health has been widely recognized for our dedication to our staff, providing a work environment full of encouragement, innovation, collaboration and respect.
Our best-in-class wellness program has earned us recognition in the Milwaukee Business Journal as a Healthiest Employer and a Gold Well Workplace award from the Wellness Council of America. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who values and maintains an environment that attracts, recruits, engages and retains a diverse workforce. As a federal contractor/subcontractor, we take affirmative action in employment based on race, sex, disability and status as a protected veteran. We welcome protected veterans to share their priority consideration status with us at 262-439-1961. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Posting ID: 556643100Posted: 2020-05-21