Job Details The Department Anlayst III position will initially assist in developing grant proposals with Principal Investigators for submission to NIH, foundation, and corporate sponsors. Pre-award grant submission tasks include but are not limited to budget development, application assembly and review to determine if grantor and institution guidelines have been followed prior to submission. The Department Analyst position will also train in post-award and facilities management with duties to include invoice payments and tracking, purchasing and tracking of capital equipment, monitoring of subcontract payments, assisting with lab set up and facility issues, assisting with forming operating and capital budgets, projections, financial reporting and control and special projects as assigned. Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and evaluates operational and financial functions of administrative and operational units.
- Analyzes departmental resources, services, systems, budgets and programs. Prepares reports based on analysis.
- Conducts comprehensive statistical analysis and evaluation of unit services and performance.
- Identifies program or service strengths, weaknesses, and financial impact.
- Identifies opportunities for service and program improvement.
- Participates or leads project teams to complete high level analysis or special reports.
- Assists with the development of operational plans, procedures and systems.
- Reviews and evaluates current procedures and systems and develops recommendations for improvement or change.
- Maintains+R13 awareness of and complies with various regulatory guidelines ( JCAHO, FDA, HIPAA, OSHA, etc.).
- Conducts briefings or presentations to keep others advised.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications: Complexity of Work:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- Excellent analytical, communication and customer service skills.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum four years statistical analysis experience.
- Master's Degree may substitute for two years of experience.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Ability to perform work while sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Normal or corrected visual acuity.
- Manual dexterity required to extensively utilize a PC.
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: NIH grants, pre-award, post-award, grant submissions, financial
Posting ID: 556643103Posted: 2021-04-22Job Title: Analyst