Plans, implements and evaluates nursing orientation as well as ongoing, professional development of nurses. Responsibilities:
- Designs, directs, implements and evaluates educational offerings based on knowledge, skills and learning levels of nursing staff.
- Identifies learning needs and desires of nursing personnel.
- Develops and utilizes appropriate evaluation systems to determine the effectiveness of educational activities.
- Consults with individuals within Nursing and the community regarding professional nursing practice and roles.
- Assists in the development of department specific orientation and competencies. Assists departments in orientation of staff.
- Develops and maintains a cataloging system for tracking and retrieval of all available teaching-learning resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Follows Hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department-specific competencies and requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree in Nursing with a non-nursing Bachelor's degree is acceptable.
Complexity of Work:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Certification in specialty preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum two years recent nursing experience required with demonstrated clinical expertise to include clinical nursing experience, preceptor, BCLS instructor or ACLS instructor.
- Demonstrated knowledge of education methodology such as needs assessment, curriculum development, instructional design and principles of adult learning.
- Presentation skills required.
- Requires full range of motion; manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable diseases or bodily fluids.
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible.
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 556643105Posted: 2020-05-21