Senior Finance Manager - Employee TrustsReq #:
JR - 020777Location:
4/24/2020 3:26:08 PM
Baxter International Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We're looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter isAt the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives. Summary:
Responsible for financial support of Baxter's retirement plans with primary focus on the U.S. & Puerto Rico pension and savings plans totaling $4.7B as of 12/31/20. Responsibilities including owning the investment management, planning, compliance and reporting requirements associated with the benefit plans. Support Baxter's Investment Committee meetings and work with various internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis. Essential duties & responsibilities include:
- Recommend and implement investment strategies for the various benefit plans in conjunction with the Assistant Treasurer-Capital Markets and Baxter's Investment Committee
- Serve as the primary contact for the investment managers, actuary and trustee relationships Support reporting to Baxter's Investment Committee (at least quarterly) and Audit Committee (as needed) regarding the benefit plans
- Prepare materials and contribute during all Investment Committee discussions
- Direct performance analysis for the various investment portfolios
- Lead compliance for the domestic pension and savings plans
1: Serve as the key contact for plan audits
2: Coordinate, prepare filings for all tax requirements (Forms 5500, 990-T)
3: Coordinate all PBGC filing and premium requirements
Job requirements include:
- Manage expense and cash flow for the benefit plans
- Support global de-risking activities with HR and Legal including but not limited to lump sum and annuitization activity
- Serve as the key retirement plan finance contact for Accounting, HR and Legal teams. Assist with participant communications as needed
- Provide investment guidance for the international benefits plans
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, judgement and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, tax and legal accounting
- Ability to assemble and work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (or country equivalent) MBA/CPA preferred
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail toAmericas_TTA@baxter.comand let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.