Functions as a member of the Patient Care Transplant Team, demonstrates knowledge of perfusion theory and disease processes in order to provide professional care to patients as appropriate. Responsibilities:
- Sets up, operates and maintains all perfusion and cardiac equipment.
- Adheres to Department Guidelines and safety procedures.
- Performs as part of a team and work under variable schedules and hours.
- Maintains Regulatory and Compliance Policy and Procedure. Maintains and order supplies.
- Maintains current knowledge in perfusion.
- Performs at least one of the following function: Lectures on perfusion. Participates in research/product evaluation activities.
- Plans and provides direction for achievement of quality patient care and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitates the resolution of customer service issues in a timely manner.
- Assists in the implementation of formal and informal surveys/methodologies to monitor whether the specific service of department/unit are meeting the needs of the customer.
- Uses information for feedback to recommend systems and/or employee performance modifications when services are not meeting standards or expectations.
- Monitors ongoing outputs, processes and satisfaction levels within area of responsibility to identify and prioritize areas for improvement.
- Works with both CTS and liver transplant. Develops innovative solutions resulting in improved quality/customer service.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times, including product and service quotes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of infection control practices.
- Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
- Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an accredited school of perfusion.
- Must be currently certified or board eligible in good standing with the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
Complexity of Work:
- Certified Clinical Perfusionist (CCPERF) certification by American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion Certification (ABCP) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA).
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Has verbal knowledge of Dr. Lower's Credo: A patient is the most important person in this institution - in person or by mail. A patient is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. A patient is not an interruption of our work - he is the purpose of it. A patient is not an outsider to our business - he is part of it. A patient is not someone to argue or match wits with. A patient is a person and not a statistic. He has feelings, emotions, biases, prejudices and wants. It is our job to satisfy him.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Three years on the job experience to become proficient with various perfusion techniques and equipment unique to CCF and become familiar with various operative procedures.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Essential Duties: Finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary when passing instruments, setting up cases, handling sharps/sutures.
- Able to relate to other health care workers and develop work relationships with peers, surgeons, and other team members.
- Able to perform well under stressful conditions; is flexible and able to adjust to changes in case assignments.
- Physical Duties: This position requires prolonged periods of sitting with a light amount of physical work, which may include lifting and carrying items of up to 25 pounds. There is frequent walking, sitting, standing, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping.
- Working Conditions: The majority of time the employee spends indoors in air-conditioned areas.
- Potential for exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens is significant.
- Clinical exposure to patients requires the use of personal protective equipment.
- Has potential of on call responsibility.
- This position requires high exposure to infectious wastes such as blood and bodily fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks, gowns, and goggles as appropriate.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Posting ID: 556643149Posted: 2020-05-21