L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title - Manufacturing Engineer II
Job Location - USA-NH-Londonderry
Job ID - CS20201002-44748Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design,fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipmentvendors; and soliciting feedback from operators.
- Manage continuousimprovement activities to improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzingand planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assure product andprocess quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities' establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Prepare product andprocess reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information andtrends.
- Calibrate andmaintain test and production equipment.
- Performrootcause analysisof technical issues and provide containment andcorrective actions.
- Work with inspectionand vendors to assure component specification compliance.
- Support engineering to production transition efforts for new products.
- Generate assemblyprocess flows and work instructions.
- Train production andtechnician staff as required.
- B.S. or equivalentin Optical, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or ManufacturingEngineering.
- 3-5 years of relatedexperience required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Hands-on experiencewith assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems.
- Working knowledge oflaboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, power meters, and laser beamanalyzers.
- Ability to read andunderstand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.