L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Senior Technical BuyerJob Code: CS20202304-44769Job Location: Londonderry, NH
This position is responsible for supporting technical sourcing, negotiating, buying and managing a wide range of purchase requisitions in direct support of engineering and other internal organizations in a compliant manner aligned with internal policies and procedures.Responsibilities:
- Plan and purchase materials, parts, and supplies to directlysupport Engineering product development and other internal customers asrequired
- Issue requests for quotes/proposals (RFQ/RFP) andselect best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirementsfor electronic, mechanical, optical and electro-mechanical components.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers;
- Monitor dynamically changing requirements, placing andchanging orders as required to meet demand schedule.
- Track and communicate material status to direct engineering planning need date. Follow throughon action items to align schedule.
- Provide clear and open communication with Engineering Program Managers
- Request and evaluate bid responses, negotiate price,delivery schedules, and place purchase orders in accordance with divisionpolicies, procedures and government regulations.
- Able to perform cost/price analysis and determine totalcost of Ownership (TCO).
- Act as liaison between suppliers and involveddepartments to resolve procurement related problems.
- Monitor supplier performance and take corrective actionas necessary.
- Support bids and proposals and direct NPI processes bytarget pricing initiatives
- Submits change orders to suppliers as needed
- Update purchase orders as required to ensure systemaccuracy
- Verifies and approves payment of invoices for ordersreceived as required with accounts payable driving resolution of issues.
- Assess change needs, impacts, and stakeholdermanagement activities and support change management integration activities
- Work directly with Engineering team to achieve ontime/on budget material goals.
- Communicate regularly with leadership regarding current issues.
- Interact with senior internal and external personnel onsignificant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Develop, implement and achieve cost saving initiativesand continuous improvement goals/projects
- Understand and develop a total cost of ownership forparts and review and evaluate best possible cost on manufactured partsfrom outside sources
- Maintain supplier relationship to attain service targets, and ensure flexibility and on time delivery
- Confer with suppliers and analyze supplier's operationsto determine factors that affect service, quality, cost, and meetingschedule requirements. Understand suppliers technology roadmap and how italigns with our product needs
- Plan direct engineering sourcing selection process andlead the program team through supplier evaluation and election, adheringto fair and equitable procurement practices with direct line to corporatestrategies
- Compile information to keep informed on price trendsand manufacturing processes.
- Studies market trends and interviews suppliers. Makerecommendations to management of suppliers to be placed on the approvedvendor list. Develop category strategies with knowledge of product markettrends.
- Be responsible for product market knowledge for variouscategories
- Conduct Supply risk mitigation analysis and develop contingency plans
- Perform data analytics,
- Participates in establishing objectives. Plans,schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish objectives. Support overall objectives and long range goals of the organization.
Education and Experience:
- Maintain compliance with procurement goals and keyperformance Indicators (KPI's)
- Always perform Procurement activities with the highestethical standards consistent with company policies and requirements.
- Ensures small business program is utilized andguidelines followed
- Ensure complete flow-down of customer contractual requirements
- Develop and monitor supplier performance to metrics established
- Maintain compliance to procurement policy & procedures
- BA or BS in Materials Management, Procurement, BusinessAdministration, Operations Planning or a related field, preferred.
- A minimum 5-7 years' relevant technical procurementexperience, preferably in support of new product design engineering.Experience with electronics and custom optical contract manufacturingpreferred.
- Ability to read and understand engineering component and assembly drawings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced,change environment required.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement, planning and scheduling fundamentals in support of new production introduction throughtransition to volume production.
- Must have goodworking knowledge of MRPII system. ERP experience in Materials/Procurementmodules
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience purchasing electronic, mechanical, opticaland electro-mechanical components.
- Experience with developing RFQ/RFP, negotiations,contracts, preparing financial analysis, material acquisition, expeditingand coordination of shipping arrangements.
- Experience with managing multiple commodity areas andtasks effectively in a fast paced work environment.
- Knowledge of ITAR restrictions, and FAR/DFARrequirements a plus
- Must possess high ethical standards
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- Motivated and disciplined with a strong desire tosucceed, learn, and drive positive change
- Excellent oral and written communications, math skills,ability to multi task
- Demonstrated background of initiative, achievements, and professionalism.
- Proficient with time management
- Able to work independently
- Detail oriented and organized
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.