L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
Field Engineering ScientistJob Code:
Muskegon, MichiganJob Description:
Serve as the L3Harris Combat Propulsion Systems technical expert on Integrated Product Support across the Acquisition Lifecycle (System acquisition and Sustainment) of critical combat vehicle mobility systems. Current CPS mobility products include engine and transmission systems for military vehicles. Future products may include the system design and integration of complete combat vehicle mobility solutions.Essential Functions:
- Provide CPS Leaders and customers with Integrated Product Support information, recommendations, and alternatives through executive summaries, memorandums, information papers, briefings, and other written products.
- Provide Sustainment Level & Field Level Maintenance expertise and oversight to CPS products.
- Review and approve Field Service Technical Bulletins, Technical/Repair/Parts Manuals, and Technical Publications, Safety Analysis Reports, Hazard Analysis, and Safety of Use Messages.
- Review and approve Logistics Support Analysis, Level of Repair Analysis, Maintenance Allocation, Provisioning and other LSA Records.
- Lead or assist the preparation of maintenance training materials and curriculum, and the delivery of training to US and Allied customers.
- Assist the analysis of Field Failure trend data.
- Assist the ILS Manager to estimate program manpower and schedule requirements.
- Prepare Product Support task/program estimate input to CPS customer Proposals.
- Extensive interaction with internal CPS organizations including ILS & Field Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Program Management, and external partners and customers including Project Manager, Armored Fighting Vehicles; Project Manager, Combat Support; and US Army Depot activities.
- Effective description of Product Support requirements, progress, results and recommendations, via both oral and written communications.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in a Management, Administrative or Technical discipline required with 12 or more years of experience in a military environment. Experience using Ground Combat Support System - Army (GCSS-A) required.
- Must be able to independently gather and research material from multiple resources, analyze, and compile into clear and concise documentation for users at multiple levels of an organization. Innovation, creativity and attention to detail are essential
- Must be fluent with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Applicant must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance (necessary for obtaining a Common Access card)
- Solid written and verbal communications
- Master's Preferred
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Certification preferred.
- Willingness to be flexible in job assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and only general directions provided.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to, and promote, a changing environment- changes/additions in job tools and software, applications, organizational structure, etc.
- Experience and skills of adherence to budget, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills
- Must possess the ability to effectively interface with all of the organization and other customer organizations.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.