The Systems Engineer coordinates the requirements, design, development, integration and validation of large/complex systems involving multiple subsystems and multi-disciplinary technologies. The goal is to ensure that the system is built with efficiency (minimize risk, rework) and will meet the requirement and expectations.
The systems engineer looks at the system and understands the interactions and inter-dependencies between various subsystems and processes. Ensures that subsystems suppliers also understand these requirements, inter-dependencies, and interfaces with other subsystems to ensure that their subsystems can be efficiently integrated into the system and help meet the system expectations.
A system at Honeywell Intelligrated may consist of various subsystems such as Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), Conveyor Systems, Goods to Operator Work Stations (GTO), Replenishment Stations, Lifts, Loop Sorters (Bombay, Cross-belt, Tilt-tray, etc.). Pick / Put to Light Systems (PTL),
Warehouse Controls Systems (WCS), Warehouse Execution Systems (WES), Warehouse management systems (WMS) and others. The Systems Engineer understands and coordinates the integration of the Intelligrated System with the customer's systems.
Various engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Software, Project Management, Quality, etc. participate in the system development. The system engineer will typically have a broad
multi-disciplinary background, with a strong level of expertise in at least one of these disciplines and be knowledgeable of key aspects of the others.
A Systems Engineer supports/participates in the following typical tasks:
- Reviews project requirements during the proposal phase to ensure that these are understood and achievable
- Performs system partitioning and requirements flow-down to identified subsystems - ensures that
requirements are clearly allocated to and understood by subsystem suppliers
- Participates in definition / clarification of interfaces between various subsystems to ensure that these are clearly understood by all parties
- Works with team members to identify various system risks and monitors them to ensure that they are appropriately addressed by the team
- Monitors changes to project scope, evaluates impact of these changes and communicates the impact to all impacted internal parties and subsystem suppliers
- Develops the integration strategy and sequence of test activities to bring the group of subsystems together into an integrated system.
- Works with the various engineering teams, project manager, customer to get appropriate test plans developed; reviews and validates test plans
- Coordinates / Participates / Supports / Executes subsystem and system validation tests.
- Records defects and communicates them to relevant party and follows thru to ensure that they are resolved
- Helps and support development & implementation of systems engineering practice by developing business processes.
- Other tasks in support of project/system as needed.YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Robotics & Control Automation, Systems Engineering or relevant discipline, with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand Mechanical layouts
- Ability to understand control systems and control interfaces
- Requirements Analysis and exposure to various requirements analysis tools
- Systems Modeling and exposure to Modeling tools using SysML
- Risk management
- Validation and Test plan development, execution coordination, knowledge and exposure to various relevant tools
- Defect Management and exposure to defect tracking tools.
- Project Management, Understand projects schedules, WBS, etc.
- Ability to work as a team member in a multi-disciplinary team to achieve desired System
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
- Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
- Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
- Some engineering experience
- Experience with systems
- JOB ID: HRD93008
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 7901 Innovation Way,Mason,Ohio,45040,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.