L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title:
MRP Configuration Support AdministratorJob Code:
Millersville, MDJob Description:
Under the direction and guidance of the Operations Manager, the MRP Configuration Support Administrator (CSA) is responsible for entering, maintaining and coding the production hardware, and on occasion proposal hardware, bill of material structures and configurations within the DELTEK COSTPOINT Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. The CSA will also assist the Manufacturing Engineers with non-recurring tasks such as simple electro-mechanical assembly fixture design/fabrication and production visual aide generation.Essential Functions:
- Working with Operations Program Managers (OPMs) and Manufacturing Engineers on assigned programs, assist the Manufacturing Engineers in transitioning of the Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOMs) into the Manufacturing Bill of Materials (MBOMs) module of the MRP system for execution.
- Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineer, code item masters and product structures with required coding for MRP execution consisting of make/buy coding, part type coding, material lead times, etc.
- Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineer, create Manufacturing Part Numbers and their associated MBOMs where needed for cost segregation of purchased versus internally manufactured like hardware items.
- At the start of all new order executions, insure that the product structure within DELTEK COSTPOINT is the most current and that all product revision levels are current. Task will be accomplished by comparing the MBOMs in DELTEK COSTPOINT with the native drawing files located in the data repository known as Visual Source Safe (VSS) and confirming the presence of outstanding and/or pending ERNs that require incorporation. Any discrepancies will require coordination with Configuration Management for required documentation updates in both VSS and DELTEK COSTPOINT EBOMs.
- Notify OPMs, Production Planners and Material Planners to determine hardware impacts as a result of incorporating an ERN on open purchase orders, work in process manufacturing orders and completed products, including customer notification if necessary, as follows:Review contracts and all associated product documentation by for serialization requirements.
- Determine purchase orders affected by ERN effectivity and coordinate with Material Planners, OPMs, Subcontracts and Purchasing to ensure down flow of ERN requirements to vendors.
- Assess the impact on hardware in stock, or previously shipped, for impact by ERN effectivity and coordinate with assigned OPMs for required course of action to implement change.
- Assess the impact on work in process affect by ERN effectivity dates and/or serialization and coordinate with Production Planners, Material Planners and OPMs to ensure proper updating of Manufacturing Order routings or subcontract Statements of work for change incorporation.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineers with assembly fixture and visual aid design and fabrication.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Six (6) months experience working in a production environment.
- Understanding of the basic principles of indented and consolidated bills of material relative to drawing packages for hardware fabrication
- Moderate computer skills, working knowledge of standard computer products and devices including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) and the ability to comprehend and learn new software.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems desired but not required. Knowledge of DELTEK COSTPOINT software a plus.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities; ability to be tactful and professional at all times.
- Basic skills in drawing interpretation that includes the ability to read design drawings and associated part lists.
- Well organized; self-starter; high degree of flexibility and advocate of team concept.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.