L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Program Quality Engineer
Job Code: IMS20202704-44838
Job Location: Greenville, TX
The Specialist, Program Quality Engineerwill report to the Quality Assurance Manager as part of the Quality Department. This position will be responsible for identifying, establishing, managing, and monitoring all Quality related responsibilities, requirements, and budgets respective to assigned programs.You will demonstrate success by:
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
- Identifying, assigning, and monitoring quality requirements for parts and assemblies procured from Vendors/Suppliers on assigned programs.
- Monitoring performance of assigned programs, including supplier's performance, and facilitating corrective and preventative actions in order to accomplish improvement when required.
- Coordinating corrective and preventative actions with customer representatives and company management.
- Conducting special investigations as required resulting in a well written report(s) suitable for submission to Senior Management.
- Presenting Quality related data, investigation summaries, trends, and significant issues at various compliance board meetings as required.
- Actively engage in planning, coordination, and execution of Military and/or FAA Certification efforts.
- Leading or participating in Quality related projects and initiatives; but may be required to perform Quality Control or Procurement Quality activities/duties when primary inspection personnel are not available.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or other Technical Field with at least four (4) yearsAerospace Quality experience. (Equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.)
- Must have experience with initial contract planning, contract requirements review, aircraft modification and maintenance, structural modification, electronic and mechanical products.
- Must have the ability to thoroughly investigate quality issues in a methodical manner ultimately resulting in a report that identifies containment, root cause, and corrective and preventative actions.
- Must have excellent technical writing, oral communication and presentation skills for reporting and briefing Customers andSr. Leadership.
- Must be familiar with MS Office products.
- Must be familiar with Quality and Aerospace industry standards (ISO9001:2015, AS9100D, CMMI,etc.) Experience with Military and FAA Certification effortsare preferred.
- Must be able to travel periodically and work some casual overtime.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.