L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with Program Management to generate and maintain program EAC's for assigned programs, to support revenue recognition and forecasting commitments.
- Maintain awareness and understanding of program commitments and council Program Managers on the key drivers for their success in meeting those commitments.
- This role is a key stakeholder in the monthly close process, reviewing actual results against EAC's and non-EAC program expectations, with an eye toward appropriate return levels, ceiling controls, appropriateness of cost recording, and revenue recognition.
- Responsible for any customer reporting requirements for assigned programs.
- Makes recommendations to management on financial performance projections using financial and business knowledge and experience.
- Identifies, generates and ensures the proper recording and documentation of any required correcting entries.
- Responsible for ensuring project setup within the ERP meets the need of both the company and the contract's reporting needs.
- Responsible for ensuring contract modifications are accurately and appropriately recorded.
- Understand and communicate program's unbilled status and the expectation of collection. Monitor unbilled status and work to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Supports the contract close-out process, as needed.
- Reviews project billings to ensure customer invoices are correct.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance with 6 years' relevant work experience.
- Solid understanding of accounting and finance principles, as well as familiarity with DFAS, FAR and CAS Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office suite of product skills
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on application of Deltek Costpoint modules (i.e., Project Revenue and Costs, General Ledger, Materials Management, and Inventory Management) and Cognos reporting tools
- An in-depth understanding of financial management within US federal government contracting.
- Excellent communications skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Strong sense of initiative, independence, closure, and ability to navigate multiple priorities in a tight- deadline, high-volume environment
- Strong business partnering, interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Ability to communicate complex financial data and concepts to both financial and non-financial leaders
- Adept at using logic and reasoning to work through problems and analyze information
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Demonstrated "can do" ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Must be able to travel on occasion
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance if required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.