L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Technical Director, responsible for outlining the technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and representing the Laser technology business area to both external and internal customers. SME for Laser technology in Airborne and Ground markets supporting the Laser Systems business in Orlando FL and Hilton Head SC. The Tech Director serves as our primary interface with technical customers, supports strategic pursuits, and has primary responsibility for our internal research and development programs. The Tech Director is a member of the Laser System Leadership Team (LT) and as such plays a key role in helping to develop Strategic direction and Business Goals for the Laser System business. Works effectively with other leaders in Business Development, Programs, and Executive leadership, supporting near-term business goals while maintaining a long-term strategic focus. This position has no direct reports, instead leveraging engineering talent from across the organization to achieve our technical objectives.Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities
- Develops technical strategy and technology roadmaps for the division
- Leads the creation of system architectures, product configurations, and technical solutions that capture current business opportunities and generate future growth
- Meets with technical customers, makes technical presentations, and collaborates on technical solutions that address customer needs
- Engages in new business pursuits, identifying technical discriminators and driving the strategy of the technical solution
- Leads the pursuit of externally funded research and development programs
- Ensures the development of accurate and complete technical proposals
- Manages the division's internal research and development program
- Manage CRADA's with DoD organizations
- Participates as an active member of the Division Leadership staff and Sector Engineering staff
- Bid and Proposal support, collaborate with customers to refine requirements, Provide technical definition and framework for new proposals and support proposal volume development as required
- Collaborate with Engineering to develop Rapid Prototyping model and support NRE program reviews, tiger teams
- M.S. Degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, or similar field
- 15 or more years of Engineering experience in the DoD industry
- Substantive technical expertise in the areas of Laser systems and technologies, requirements and applications
- Knowledge of US government intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems, applications and capabilities
- Experience with front-end engineering, including proposals, technology development, and product development
- Working knowledge of system engineering practices
- Working knowledge of competitive technology and products
- Proven experience managing large engineering teams
- Experience presenting technical topics to small groups and large audiences
- Ability to communicate both with highly technical engineers and non-technical business leaders
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to obtain U.S. Secret Clearance within 6 months required. Active U.S. Secret Clearance or higher desired.
- Ability to travel up to 25% - domestic and international.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Pre-employmentfederal level drug screening and background checks are standard.
- L3Harrisis an e-Verify Employer.
- Project management skills
- New product introduction experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Project
- Able to sit at and work on a computer for extended periods.
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds and reach/bend to retrieve documents in cabinets and on shelves with assistance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.