L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Test EngineerJob Code: INP2Job Location: Millersville, MDJob Description:
Join L3Harris a technology driven organization that delivers superior performance to the U.S. Government, our allies, and leading corporations throughout the world. At L3Harris Chesapeake Sciences Corporation, design and manufacture electronic data acquisition systems for use in Anti-Submarine Warfare, ship self-defense, acoustic ranges and geophysical exploration products. Responsible for creating, documenting, and implementing procedures used to process and test the company's products. Design and debug special test equipment and capital equipment. Generate scripts to conduct automated tests. Update test software. Primary focus is in the areas of signal conditioning electronics, network based telemetry systems, electronic instrumentation, test equipment, etc. Read work instructions, engineering drawings, sketches, and test procedures to determine assembly and test methods for electrical and mechanical components.Essential Functions:
- Design, develop and implement special tooling and test equipment as necessary to test subassemblies or products produced by the company. Coordinate with mechanical and electrical engineers to design custom test fixtures.
- Generate specialized test scripts and pass/fail criteria.
- Modify test software via LabVIEW.
- Develop processes, methods, tooling and production controls for new programs; supervise assembly and proofing.
- Support design engineering during the design / development phase to ensure a cost-effective solution in terms of reliability, producibility, and supportability.
- Provide engineering support by troubleshooting problems and effecting timely solutions to maintain the continuity of production flow.
- Develop and edit circuit schematics with OrCad/Altium development tools.
- Investigate root cause of component failures. Generate related documentation including technical status, forecast technical needs, and make recommendations for appropriate improvements.
- Review and mitigate component obsolescence.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry, and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or other related scientific discipline. Prior experience is strongly preferred but not required. Two-year degree in addition to knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident with the ability to obtain US clearance.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Excellent computer skills; ability tocomprehend new hardware/software applications.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language.
- Flexibility to adjust to changingrequirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Able to socialize ideas, makerecommendations, and gain team consensus.
- High level of personal motivation andinitiative to learn and acquire new skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.