L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3 is seeking a Systems Engineer Lead to develop and realize undersea acoustic system solutions for high-level customer needs. These systems involve deep ocean installations containing high channel count sensors, distributed power systems, and optical networks.The ideal candidate will have a background in maritime systems, though any candidate with systems engineering experience and a strong technical background may apply.The key elements of this position include aggregating top-level requirements from multiple sources, consolidating and developing a technical solution working with SMEs, and allocating and tracking those requirements to lower level subsystems and components.The candidate will lead an integrated product team (IPT) with customer and Government participation and will serve as the key technical interface alongside the program manager.Technical writing and proposal experience is a plus Position Summary:
- Work with small agile teams in sunny Santa Barbara, 5 minutes from the beach
- Close and direct customer interaction and the ability to contribute to and shape solutions
- Experience the full design cycle from proposal to design to field-testing and installations all over the world
- Work with program management and senior leadership to see and understand the financial performance of the program and overall business
- Opportunity for mentoring and development for more senior engineering or management roles
- Lead development projects involving circuits, embedded systems/software and high level system design working independently and in a group.
- As Integrated Product Team Leader, chair project meetings to manage project progress including project TPMs, SW metrics, Risk Management, project schedules and budgets.
- Work closely with engineering, program management, and business development to perform requirements analysis and high level conceptual and detailed design of systems involving marine sensing, data acquisition, telemetry, and tracking, particularly
- Navy/DoD systems working with often vague customer requirements.
- Develop technical solutions applying marine acoustic principals including the sonar equation, and electronic and mechanical processes.
- Lead detailed design efforts both individually and in a group using analysis, modeling, and prototype testing.
- Apply field experience to assist in development of marine system installation techniques considering installation equipment to be used and physical configuration of the system.
- Perform analysis and trade studies to evaluate possible technical solutions using MATLAB, Mathcad, SolidWorks, Hydrodynamic modeling, LTSpice.
- Lead, and contribute significantly to proposal efforts.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work inother functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak workperiods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- B.S. or MS in an engineering field or physics-based, from accredited program. Will consider relevant work experience in lieu ofeducation
- 10 years post-graduation
- Experience with analysis tools listed above is required.
- Design experience and a strong understanding of electronic circuits, embedded design and optical telemetry are required.
- Strong writing and presentation skills are required.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Previous DoD background preferred particularly former military, DoD contractor or government service. (Note: assuming norestrictions due to DoD and company guidelines on hiring of formergovernment service personnel).
- MATLAB, MathCad, LTSPice, DOORS
- Professional Engineering certification preferred
- Active Security Clearance required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.