L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
This position requires a solid understanding of vendor development and with vendor production processes and systems along with special manufacturing practices over a wide range of commodities, including electro-optical, mechanical and electronic. The candidate must possess the ability to support the Space supplier vertical integration initiative - to grow, maintain and improve the supplier base in compliance with customer requirements and AS9100D.
The successful candidate must be self-directed, motivated and driven. The candidate must be able to function independently in front of a wide range of supplier, customer and internal representatives assuring that Space-quality hardware is the output. The candidate must also take the lead in the resolution of product, process and system issues and nonconformance. The candidate will be responsible to manage those issues to closure, often in concert with supplier and customer representatives. The candidate must have a clear understanding of problem-solving techniques, along with effective CAPA skills to ensure that the developing supplier base is providing product that meets or exceeds all expectations.Essential Functions:
- Work with customer and the program team in planning for supplier engagement, development, quality acceptance and product buy-off.
- Perform work and act as a delegated and certified supplier representative for the customer base.
- Communicate with the SpaceProgram Office and the customer on a regular basis to provide status andto plan for and execute future activities.
- Collect and evaluate supplierquality, NC and yield data to identify trends for process improvementopportunities.
- Conduct Supplier Quality Auditsof new and existing suppliers as required to determine adherence toacceptable quality requirements, standards, and regulations.
- Utilizing Green Belt and Lean techniques, work with suppliers to effect CAPA toward product, process andproduction issues.
- Review supplier manufacturingprocesses, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and valueenhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Program Management, Contracts, Engineering, Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) and Supply Chain internally to identify opportunities forefficiency, planning, quality and productivity improvement.
- Develop quality and acceptanceplans with suppliers to ensure quality products.
- Utilizing developeddocumentation, perform in-process and final acceptance of supplierproducts.
- Collect and maintain supplierperformance metrics.
- Coordinate with program team toensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- In concert with ConfigurationManagement, participate in the change notice process to assure awareness and effective implementation to design changes.
- Communicate, instruct and mentorsuppliers on the use of CAPA techniques, process and quality tools.
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree(Engineering preferred).
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Quality Engineering.
- The candidate should be open to travel associated with this position. Travel will be typically 50% but may be as much as up to 75% on occasion.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings of complex nature is required.
- Familiarity with complex mechanical inspection and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is a plus.
- Familiarity with problem-solving tools such as 8D, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and CAPA is desired.
- Must possess effective communications skills, both oral and written for all levels of the organization.
- Candidates with Aerospace or Defense Manufacturing experience is desired.
- A working familiarity of AS9100, ISO9001, J-STD Workmanship,ANSI J-Standards (Class 3) and IPC Workmanship Standards (Class 3)is desired.
- Must have vendor and customer interface experience.
- Experience and background in electro-optics, machining, circuit card assembly and special processes (welding, brazing, plating etc.) is desired.
- Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt certification is a plus.
- Must work well with others in a team and commodity buying structure and have experience in leading cross-functional teams in accomplishing goals.
- Must be able to lead suppliers toward meeting or exceeding program goals.
- Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional, constructive, and cooperative manner with all levels of supplier, customer and internal representatives.
- Must have computer skills including proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have ability to work independently and be self-directed to complete tasks.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.