L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Configuration Manager 4
Job Location: Waco, TXJob ID: IMS20202904-44968L3 Harris
is actively seeking a Configuration Manager
that can supervise a team of configuration and data managers. The CM is responsible for establishing and maintainingconfiguration managementtools, as well as supportingconfiguration identification. We offer competitive benefits and great relocation package.Description and Functions
- Supervises a team of configuration and data managers.
- Designs and establishes configuration management documentation.
- Analyzes proposed product design changes to determine the effect on the overall system.
- Establishes baselines and authorizes the release of drawings and changes specified by Program or Engineering Management.
- Provides advice and guidance on methods, procedures and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
- Plans and implements methods to improve response.
- Acts as liaison between management and other functional groups to resolve issues regarding configuration analysis documentation.
- Performs audits to verify compliance with contract requirements.
- Leads the change management/control board for product changes.
- Audits and maintains department processes and procedures.
- Recommends ideas for increased efficiency through continuous improvement.
- Grow a capable and collaborative CM team and identify areas where the team needs to grow in capability.
- Engages with program, functional, and technical leaders to ensure that the CM process is effectively in place on the program and all required deliverables meet customer and/or standard compliance requirements.
- Associate's Degree and minimum of 11 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience.
- Prior supervisor experience.
- Prior experience with Military Certification perMIL-HDBK-516C.
- Prior experience with FAA Certification/STC process.
- Prior experience with Siemens Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool and Microsoft Sharepoint.
- Prior experience with software configuration management.
- Prior experience with MIL-STD-61A, EIA-649, and EIA-859.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) CM/DM certification.
- Excellent written, oral, and team communication skills.
- Experience working with subcontractors and US Government customers.
- Experience working successfully both independently and in a team environment.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level which requires U.S. citizenship.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.