L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to support common build product lines in a $250M+ business unit. Successful candidate will possess strong financial inventory and government contract costing skills, and will be providing financial and operational analytical support to finance management. This role is involved in the support of the entire life cycle of the program, from proposal preparation through program closeout. This will include monthly financial analysis and presentation of actual results and forecasts. In addition, this position works with PMO, Operations and Finance personnel to develop and analyze operational improvements and cost reduction projects. This role requires quick and detailed financial thinking at both a macro and micro level.Essential Responsibilities:
• Adheres to L3Harris Sarbanes-Oxley Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFRs) for applicable cycles (Inventory, EAC, Revenue, etc.) as well as L3 Technologies Corporate Accounting Policies.
• Develop, recommend, and implement improvements to current cost accounting methods and procedures
• Identify and develop process improvements to streamline reporting and improve team efficiency.
• Provide forward looking financial analysis on common build product lines to key stakeholders.
• Provides financial analysis on government contracts, including actuals, estimate to complete (ETC), estimate at complete (EAC) and Earned Value (EV) based on inputs from the program team for regularly occurring program reviews.
• Monitors, analyzes, estimates and reports cost and schedule performance against baseline.
• Participates in the bid process by pricing proposals ranging in size and complexity, adding strategic value beyond the numbers themselves.
• Converts proposed costs to contract budgets and performs financial budget tracking for contracts.
• Maintains current, accurate and complete files, which support the financials being reported
• Plan, facilitate, and implement ad hoc analyses to support decision making.
• Special projects as needed to support financial management and business units
• Other duties as assignedRequirements:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field is required.
• CPA, MBA or other related degrees and/or professional certifications is preferred
• 6+ years of experience in an analytical accounting or finance role
• Proficient in MS Office; Highly Proficient Excel skills required.
• Experience and knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations is a plus
• Program and Proposal financial experience in a government contracting environmentand EVM experience required.
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint (ERP) and Deltek Cobra highly desirable.
• Experience with Propricer highly desirable Competencies / Desired Characteristics:
- Communicates Directly:Communicates opinions, facts and thoughts with respect, clarity, transparency and honesty. Seeks multiple perspectives and listens openly to others points of views.
- Builds Alignment:Aligns personal goals and objectives with organization goals andbusiness strategy and takes action to achieve them. Promotes a unified and seamless team. Understand and acts upon role, responsibility, accountability and authority within the team.
- Drives Performance:Consistently delivers on commitments.Demonstrates ownership of results withintheir area of responsibility and works across functional boundaries toensure success of business processes.
- Innovates:Generates solutions to problems via data analysis. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work. Seeks alignment and endorsement from leadership to implementprocess improvements.
- Collaborates:Works across organizational and functional boundaries to achieve companygoals. Builds and maintains strongrelationships with team members, other functions and customers. Works cooperatively with others in order to meet group and organizational goals.Approaches conflict with humility, respect and transparency.
- Energizes Others: Createsenergy, excitement and personal investment in others. Creates an environment that encouragescontinuous improvement, innovation and calculated risk taking.Focuses organization on key priorities that impact our business.
- Acts with Integrity: Doesthe right thing always.Adheres tocompany values and beliefs, acts in line with those values.Rewards the right values.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefit package which includes the following:
• Competitive Pay
• 9/80 Work Schedule (with every other Friday off)
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Plans
• Life and Disability Insurance Plans
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Paid Time Off
• Various Voluntary Benefits
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.