L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Associate, Technical WritingJob Code:IMS20202804-44920Job Location: Greenville, TXJob Description:
Associate, Technical Writerfor the Technical Editing group responsibilities include but are not limited to the review of flight and/or maintenance manuals for airborne and/or ground based mission systems. Also to review operational procedures, theory of operations, troubleshooting, fault isolation procedures, test, and repair procedures. As well as, the review of training courseware development materials.Essential Functions:
- Works independently under regular direction and guidance on non-routine tasks requiring judgement and initiative.
- Responsible for making minor changes in processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of approaches and routines being utilized.
- Bachelor's Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associate's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Entry-level professional with broadtheoretical job knowledge.
- Works under general direction and guidance within standard processes for non-routine tasks.
- Communicates with contacts in own team toexplain and interpret information.
- Contributes to systems and processes changesin work routines.
- Works to achieve operational targets thatinfluence team results.
- Must be able to work long hours and travel tomeet schedule requirements
- Strong computer skills with solidunderstanding of MS Office Suite and applications
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance which requires US citizenship.
- Aviation experience with particular expertise in flight line operations, maintenance, flight operations, and supply support, a plus
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.