Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force's 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the Combat Air Forces in electronic warfare, armament and avionics, chemical defense, reconnaissance and aircrew training devices. The wing is responsible for operational testing and evaluation of new equipment and systems proposed for use by these forces.
- A 53rd Wing unit located at Lackland AFB, the 453rd EWS provides a full spectrum of EW support to DoD and coalition warfighters. The 453 EWS products and services are utilized in a variety of areas, including mission planning, training, and exercises.
Come to San Antonio and enjoy a city rich in history and booming with modern attractions. To learn more about San Antonio, click here: https://www.visitsanantonio.com
We are seeking a skilled Client Support Administrator to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract, to provide the Air Force information technology (IT) services. Position will be located at Lackland AFB, TX.Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will provide first-line response and assistance to solve customers' administrative and technical problems on client-level workstations and end user devices, their operating systems, peripherals, and applications. As such, the CSA is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop. Given that this position physically interfaces with the customer, a professional, courteous demeanor is required in all circumstances. Perform Tier 1 and Tier 2 help desk support.
Customer Service: Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, fax, on-line systems and in person. Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements. Provide prompt responses to users for problem resolution. Responsibilities include informing users of pertinent network information including planned network downtime. Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection, system patches, software updates. Temporary travel may be required.
The successful candidate will apply his or her experience with and knowledge of a variety of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment to perform the following tasks:
- Install and configure end-user workstation hardware, software, and peripherals
- Troubleshoot user issues with, and/or provide technical assistance and product support / setup for, operating system and/or common application functionality (e.g., customer issues with Microsoft Office product use, email set-up, browser functionality, printer set-up, and network drive mapping to name a few).
- Install patches and/or modify client system configurations to protect against identified vulnerabilities (e.g. applying security technical implementation guide (STIG) and/or commercial vendor security updates / patches
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, and scanners.
- Ensure limited user access and access permissions on computer systems are imposed and maintained - typically driven by regulatory requirements and overseen by an Information System Security Officer (ISSO).
- May work closely with the ISSO for data transfers and media creation.
- Facilitate and coordinate user account creation and modification.
- Manage user support and coordinate with back shop administrators when additional assistance is required.
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned.
- AS degree in information systems or computer science and one (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications
- Microsoft Certified Professional highly desired
- Formal training in Microsoft hardware and software systems highly desired
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- An active/valid Top Secret/SCI-eligible (i.e. DCID 6/4 eligible) security clearance, and the ability to maintain same; investigation close date must be no older than 5 years, 6 months at the time of application.
- Must be willing to submit to, and be able to pass, a CI polygraph.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT-II certification is required
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in the configuration and installation of new PCs, installation of needed peripherals and software, and physical attachment of PC to the servicing network.
- Experience must be sufficient to have a working knowledge of the duties/activities described in the Job Description.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual
environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Attendance
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.