Are you interested in being part of a team that configures, operates, and maintains the network and IT infrastructure for the U.S. Air Force's 96th Test Wing and 53rd Wing? If so, join the Jacobs team and directly impact the Air Force's ability to put weapons on target in all battlespace media.
- The 96th Test Wing is the test and evaluation center for Air Force air-delivered weapons, navigation and guidance systems, Command and Control systems, and Air Force Special Operations Command systems.
- The 53rd Wing is the focal point for the combat air forces in electronic warfare and is responsible for operational test and evaluation (OT&E) of advanced equipment and systems.
Both Wings are headquartered at Eglin AFB, FL, adjacent to the white-sand beaches and crystal-clear waters of Northwest Florida's Emerald Coast.
To learn more about the Emerald Coast, click here:
We are seeking qualified Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support the 53rd Wing Technical Support Services (53rd WTSS) contract that provides the Air Force support services in the areas of network, security, and test & evaluation. Positions will be located at Eglin AFB, FL and will support the 53rd Computer Systems Squadron Mission Support Center (CSS MSC).
The successful ISSE candidate will:
Qualifications :Required Experience:
- Assist our team to design, integrate, and implement JSIG/RMF cybersecurity controls and implement Continuous Monitoring tools and processes.
- Integrate COTS and GOTS products to collect, display, and remediate a variety of automated system security and system operations/performance functions and metrics.
- Perform security assessments of server's/network devices/security appliances - Develop improvements to security assessments with regard to accuracy and efficiency.
- Integrate ancillary monitoring tools/capabilities with the enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) and create/tailor complex event alarms/rules and summary reports.
- Write and execute cybersecurity test procedures for validation of control compliance.
- Monitor/analyze output of cybersecurity tools for reportable security incidents and residual risk.
- Analyze technical risk of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes.
- Work as part of a security incident response team as needed.
- Integrate/Develop new techniques to improve Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for networks/systems operating at various classification levels.
- Position may be assigned to Shift 1 or Shift 2. Notional shift hours, inclusive of at least one 1/2 hour break, are generally 0600-1430, Mon -Fri for Shift 1 and 1300-2330, Mon-Thu for Shift 2.
Essential FunctionsWork Environment
- TS/SCI with DCID 6/4 eligibility with investigation closed no more than 5.5 years at the time of application
- Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph.
- DoD 8570.01M IAT-II certification (or better) OR IASAE-I, -II, or -III certification
- Associates degree in Information Technology and 1 year experience or any combination of education, experience, or certifications for a total 3 years.
- Familiarity with Joint Security Implementation Guide (JSIG)/Risk Management Framework (RMF)-based cybersecurity controls and requirements
- Familiarity with, and ability to adapt for use, guidance/policies to unique and emerging military technologies/hardware, such as aircraft/avionics, media cartridges, air-to-air/air-to-ground network links, electronic warfare systems, flight data recorders, flight telemetry systems and other military spec input/output devices.
- Advanced technical competency in one or more of the following supported platforms: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, MS Hyper-V/VMWare/ESx/Xen Hypervisors, Enterprise networking/firewalls/intrusion detection/prevention systems, forensic analysis/vulnerability assessment
- Toolkits, SEIMs, ACAS/Nessus/SCAP, mandatory/role-based access control concepts (e.g. SE Linux extensions to RHEL, PitBull, AppArmor, and Sentris), video teleconferencing/VOIP, Oracle/MS SQL database security, and Apache/IIS Web server security.
- Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NIST, DISA (STIGs), and the JSIG/RMF.
- Experience with performing patch updates and vulnerability remediation
- Hands on experience with configuring and maintaining networking devices (firewalls, switches, routers, Taclanes, encryption, etc.)
- Must be willing to work 2nd Shift.
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Work site is located at Eglin AFB, Florida.Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distance may be required.Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required. Attendance
Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is a global technology company, delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. We test, operate, sustain, and secure critical infrastructures and weapons systems using unique technology application and agile software development capabilities to improve mission capability and operational readiness. Jacobs' deep experience with advanced technology systems and our wide-ranging program support capabilities work together to make us a premier partner to aerospace and defense clients at locations around the world.